My Forge BPV is Tweeting at Me

The sound may get louder with higher boost pressures. In fact, that's probably likely the case. I know that when I was making 15-16psi it was about half as loud as it is now. Right now I'm spiking at 22ish and holding 21 and it's really loud.

mn3kgtvr4: Go ahead and post a pic if you get some free time. I'm sure we're not the only ones who have considered doing this.

I've been thinking about trying something like this too.
The Forge is really starting to annoy me. So much so that I'm back to running the stock BPV for a while. Sometimes I'd rather lose a little boost then have a 100+ db "CHING" everytime a change gear above 2.5k rpm. It's too harsh, and sounds cheap IMO.
I might just sell the forge and get a TS or HKS.

Have you even heard a HKS SSQ??? It's twice as loud and annoying as the Forge.

you should write a how to with pictures and ext for sure. i want to get rid of my ping i find it slightly annoying it was cool for about a day and now its gotten old. but if you wrote a how to i bet alot of people would love you.

I had read on another forum about someone putting a cardboard "washer" dealy against the Forge cap to stop the ping sound. Sounds risky to me with it potentially disintegrating. I cleaned up the cap very good and put a ring of high temp red rtv silicone gasket maker on the outer ring inside the cap and let it dry overnight. It forms a nice rubber o-ring dealy, had smoothed it out to about the thicknes of one of the forge spacers, maybe a bit thinner. Took the ping sound away and now I just have a nice turbo sound, pure air. Don't see any negative potential with this fix as the piston should still be topping out plenty and that rubber o ring I created isn't going anywhere with the spring holding it down (and sticking to the cap itself like glue) and it won't be disintegrating like a piece of cardboard. Thoughts?

Back