My COBB Spring Impressions

the float is totally gone and with the h&r you get bouncing. With the cobb I have ZERO and i mean ZERO bouncing. as far as pix i only have some cell phone ones because i can't find my camera cord

Attachments

• 2cd588153e79.jpg
    2cd588153e79.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 285
thats what i thought when i finally lowered the car off the jack stands. I am deffinatly happy i went with cobb. No regrets here. Tonight i have to go into the cities to go to work so i will let everyone know how the cobbs do on some crappy roads

when I lower my cars I usually like to be dropped on my ass. But I'm tired of terrible ride quality, its time I keep the good ride going. I like the pic. Let us know how she rides! I also hope that settles a little bit more for you, a tad bit lower would be ideal to me

Look forward to hearing your impressions.. I've got some Cobb springs on the way. And around here, all the roads are crappy. Still, the ride should be somewhat improved since the stock spring/shock combo is overdamped. With the Cobb springs, minor road imperfections should be soaked up better.

looks good... tell us how it is on the bad roads lol... if u do get better pix put them up... now i cant wait till i install mine...

So would you say the gaps between your tire and fenders like an inch or more? It does looks lower then most people drop on Cobbs though. Please take some pictures after they settle. Preferably with a digital camera?

yea i will take more pics once i find my cord. But driving into the cities today on some crappy ass roads i must say I LOVE COBB. I want to kiss them haha. The car feels better with the cobb springs then it did stock. You dont realize what that floaty feeling really does for ride quality until it is gone. I honestly could not say one bad thing about my cobb springs.
-The drop is just enough
-You can keep stock shocks
-Ride quality actually improved
-Suspension performance factor gone way up
-The car is much more stable going at high speeds
-No wheel hop
-NO wheel hop (had to be mentioned twice)
-And the engine movement is felt less while shifting (Unexpected bonus)
-------But this will be fixed once the CS inserts are swapped with CPE MM

With the Cobb, I hear you still get the stock "float" and some don't lower it as much.

Where did you see this? Just about the first thing every review I have read on the Cobb springs says is something like, "that damn floaty feeling is gone, and good riddance!"

I am putting in my rear springs this evening, and with only the fronts in, there is a huge difference in "float". I can't say anything about overall handling, because I'm not going to push it until they are all installed (can you say unpredictable behavior?).
Don't kid yourselves about the ride though. You have stiffer springs, the ride got a little more buckboard-like, but not as bad as I expected, and not unbearable unless you drive over roads that should call for an SUV anyway.

Well even though the springs are stiffer i still think the ride got better. The only way i can really explain it is that before with the stock springs I got some bouncing and it took to long for the springs to settle. Now it seems to settle right away and it also seems to make the shocks work less then the stock springs.

Well even though the springs are stiffer i still think the ride got better. The only way i can really explain it is that before with the stock springs I got some bouncing and it took to long for the springs to settle. Now it seems to settle right away and it also seems to make the shocks work less then the stock springs.

I agree completely with the part of the ride that you are describing. What I am talking about is potholes and frostheaves. I feel rough stuff much more than I used to, at least on the initial impact. Yes, it settles right down now, but that first contact is definitely, shall we say, firmer.

-------But this will be fixed once the CS inserts are swapped with CPE MM

dude what happened???? It was your review that said "cs inserts best mod ever" in your signature that made me actually buy the inserts over the motor mount. Just got mine in the mail yesterday and haven't installed them. I was hoping the inserts would give less vibes and take away the wheel hop and make shifting better. what happened to yours then?

oh yeah, and what website did you buy your cobb springs from, sinc eyou mentioned it seemed they lowered better than other people who bougth cobb. I would like to get them from the same shop so maybe I too get lucky!

Last edited:
probably since the cs inserts wear out after months...so hes goin with the CPE MM which will last longer and is stiffer with no vibes

the cpe mm is brand new and i want to try it. The inserts may still be the best but cpe just brought out this mm that is said to do the same but better. And i got my springs from IAGPerformance.com

Where did you see this? Just about the first thing every review I have read on the Cobb springs says is something like, "that damn floaty feeling is gone, and good riddance!"

A guy that was local on another forum told me that he still felt the "float" feeling. But I guess it's how our roads are in California?

I figure I'd throw in my $.02. Just installed my Cobb springs. Ride was changed by a very little bit. I still have a little of the "floatiness" but not as much. The biggest improvement has got to be the wheelhop and torque steer reduction. Where as before, torque steer would jerk the wheel repeatedly, now its just a single predictable smooth tug. Same with wheel hop, now just smoother and wheelspin if you really push it.

I do have to say, I am totally dissapointed in the drop. I'm measuring 1/2" in the front and 1/8" in the rear, far from the 1"/1" advertised. I'm hoping they settle some, as I've only had them a couple of days.

I figure I'd throw in my $.02. Just installed my Cobb springs. Ride was changed by a very little bit. I still have a little of the "floatiness" but not as much. The biggest improvement has got to be the wheelhop and torque steer reduction. Where as before, torque steer would jerk the wheel repeatedly, now its just a single predictable smooth tug. Same with wheel hop, now just smoother and wheelspin if you really push it.

I do have to say, I am totally dissapointed in the drop. I'm measuring 1/2" in the front and 1/8" in the rear, far from the 1"/1" advertised. I'm hoping they settle some, as I've only had them a couple of days.

Interesting review.

For both of you two, how many miles do you guys have on your struts? Oh and, please take pictures after the springs have settled. I believe me and all of us would like to see them. Thanks!

It seems like the cobb springs show a different reduction in height for every person. I got like an inch drop as advertised and found a huge improvement over stock. I wonder if some how there is different batches of the springs. I wana put my car side by side with a stock ms3 and see what it looks like

Well, I remembered to take before and after measurements. Before front was 26.5", rear 26.625". After front was 26", rear 26.5". That was measured immediately after install. After a few days, I'm measuring front 25.875" rear 26.375" for a total of 0.625" front, 0.25" rear.

Back