my car is making noises again...

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
ok, so im hearing some more noises on the MSP again. everytime i go into an entrance at any parking lot/business, and with even the slightest ramp, the car makes some type of griding noise. i wouldnt exactly call it griding. its like everytime the car goes into an entrance and the car is at an angle it starts to make weird noises like something is bending or something. its really frustrating.

maybe your exhuast tip is hitting or something on the underbody. Happens to me sometimes.

Silver Nitrate said:
ok, so im hearing some more noises on the MSP again. everytime i go into an entrance at any parking lot/business, and with even the slightest ramp, the car makes some type of griding noise. i wouldnt exactly call it griding. its like everytime the car goes into an entrance and the car is at an angle it starts to make weird noises like something is bending or something. its really frustrating.

bushing squeak? suspension?

This just started happening to me also, it's really wierd.

You have to be going at an angle and it has to be a slight upward driveway.

Sounds like it's coming from the front for me....but not 100% sure.

sounds like bushings... do a search for the thread with replacemnt bushings by moada its more of squeak right like a ruching.. errr .. errr something of the sort right...

orphman said:
sounds like bushings... do a search for the thread with replacemnt bushings by moada its more of squeak right like a ruching.. errr .. errr something of the sort right...

im so dumb ... MAZDA

I hope it's not the bushings again. I just replaced the front ones about 5-6K ago. It probably is though, but oh well. It's not a bad sound and it only happens like once a week or so.

orphman said:

Silver Nitrate said:

There's a TSB out for the front sway bar busings. Mine did the same over any type of speed bump. Get it replaced.

Rawyzf said:
I hope it's not the bushings again. I just replaced the front ones about 5-6K ago. It probably is though, but oh well. It's not a bad sound and it only happens like once a week or so.

it has been said that the replacemnt bushing still queak sometimes.. its prolly them grease them to s***.. might help...

actually i just got my front bushings replaced. and my rear one's were replaced couple months ago. but the noise comes from the front. im trying to think of a better way to describe the sound but i cant think of anything. its not a squeaking, thats for sure. when i got up on the entrances as soon as i hit the angle it sounds like something metal underneath is bending or something. it gets so frustrating cuz when its not one thing with this car its another.

Are you applying the brakes when you go up these ramps? I can get the ABS to kick in any time I drive up a ramp at an angle. It is a fairly ungodly noise I feel through the brake pedal.

I'll bet that's it!!

The few times I have heard it I was going a little to fast and had to break on the incline.

msp35 said:
Are you applying the brakes when you go up these ramps? I can get the ABS to kick in any time I drive up a ramp at an angle. It is a fairly ungodly noise I feel through the brake pedal.

msp's make so much dam noise, i'm rubbing my bumpstops now and it sounds like my car's falling apart. i have to lube them up because i'm so low

CasopoliS said:
You know you can edit posts rather than correcting yourself in a new one.....

no i didnt... like i said,,, im an idiot.. ill figure out how.. thanks for the update

does it kinda sound like it is comin from the lsd my girlfriend has a steep driveway and when i go up it slow i here grindin from the tranny or lsd i think

orphman said:
no i didnt... like i said,,, im an idiot.. ill figure out how.. thanks for the update

We all were clueless at some point..... don't worry about it.

editbutton1mz.jpg

no i never apply the brakes. i just go slow to concentrate on the noise. its so annoying im thinking of taking it to the dealer to get it fixed and trading it in for a GTI, i think im just about through with the MSP.

Silver Nitrate said:
no i never apply the brakes. i just go slow to concentrate on the noise. its so annoying im thinking of taking it to the dealer to get it fixed and trading it in for a GTI, i think im just about through with the MSP.

making me sick... seriously.... if it happens at 45.8 deg. celcious at an upward bannking of 15.2 deg followed by an rpm range of 2300-2791 only and half throttle... than damn.... quit putting all the variables together... drive you car on the road... im just getting at the fact that this problem for you at least only occurs under such sprecific events or situations.

VW make me sick.... not cuz they suck. but cuz of the type of people i have met who drive them....

Back