My bad day

Leyland23

:
2001 Mazda protege
So I was going to change my wheel barrings this morning. Thats when it all started to.go bad lol. First couldn't get the tie rod nut off. The whole thing kept spinning, had a fork in and everything. Ended up cutting the nut off, no biggie right? Next encounter was the axel was actually frozen on the hub assembly! After calling around 100 different shops I found 1 that would press out the axel then put in my barrings. So then I get home and start putting stuff back on. Oh yea i forgot the tie rod. Ended up driving to 4 part stores because no one had any in stock! Finally get them and get back home and now I can't get the tie rods off the car!!! Spent almost 9 hours working on the car and really no better off... Next project will be struts and springs after this job is done. Im sure that will be a breeze lmao ..

PB Blaster is your friend! I attempted to do my front wheel bearings and it was a disaster. Ended up doing more damage than fixing too. Along with tie rods I screwed up the ball joints on the lower control arms which Mazda made it so you have to buy the whole are to replace.

Don't forget to get endlinks for when you do the struts

I'll never buy an Ohio car ever again... Like Nate said, PB Blaster and new parts are Protege's best friends. I love Protege's but man they love to rust out... :(

Back