My 3s mod plan - advice/comments?

CorkSport strut tower bar out of stock until June 11th...

next phase will be more suspension mods - I'm thinking rear sway bar and lowering springs

It's June 11th today, if you order the Corksport strut tower bar, post pics and let us know what you think of it. My dad just bought an Mazda3 GT and wants to improve the suspension without going too crazy so I'm lookingup strut tower bars and rear sway bars for him. (He doesn't know much about cars.) Thanks in advance.

It's June 11th today, if you order the Corksport strut tower bar, post pics and let us know what you think of it. My dad just bought an Mazda3 GT and wants to improve the suspension without going too crazy so I'm lookingup strut tower bars and rear sway bars for him. (He doesn't know much about cars.) Thanks in advance.

Actually, the CorkSport strut tower bar came in earlier than quoted - shipped on June 3rd and arrived on June 10th. I haven't had a chance to install it yet because I worked the past 3 days (12 hour shifts + 3-4 hours round trip commute = no time!). I'll install it and post pics tomorrow and let you know what I think.

I haven't decided what I want to do yet for a rear sway bar. I was thinking about buying the Tri-Point Engineering rear sway bar, but I may wait for the Racing Beat bar to be released. The RB bar should be about $50 less, although it isn't adjustable like the Tri-Point bar.

CorkSport strut tower bar installed today! It isn't nearly as noticeable as the bar I put on my old Protege, but I did feel it when I took a twisty road at about 50 mph.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    395.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
made a non-performance purchase today: ordered the OEM all-weather floor mats & interior footwell LED lighting kit from www.partsformymazda.com. their prices seem to be the lowest of anyone for the official Mazda accessories ($59 for the mats, $125 for the lighting kit).

I installed the interior LED lighting kit today (and all-weather floormats, too)!

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    415.6 KB · Views: 254
Nice man, what else have you done to the 3 lately?

Thank you! I haven't done anything else lately. I'm thinking of getting an RSB when I get my tax return - still trying to decide amongst the Tri-Point, Racing Beat, and CorkSport, but leaning towards the CorkSport based on best combination of price and adjustability.

Would you say the footwell lighting was worth it? it looks pretty cool imo
it might be something id wanna do soon

Would you say the footwell lighting was worth it? it looks pretty cool imo
it might be something id wanna do soon

I think it was worth it. I love how it looks, I like that it's always on but also has a dimmer switch, and I've gotten nothing but compliments on it.

Just curious but how hard was the footwell lighting install.

I'd say it's about about a 3 out of 10. Most of the install was very easy. I only ran into two difficult steps: 1. there is an unused plastic bracket that is screwed into the frame tube just above the brake pedal that you must remove because it occupies the spot where the LED bracket attaches - it was difficult because the screw holding it in place faces the front on the vehicle, so I had to grope around blindly in tight quarters to get a screwdriver in there and aligned correctly; and 2. I had trouble getting my fingers in around the other wires when trying to splice into the correct wire in the fuse box. It took me about 2 hours total, and that was going very slowly and getting interrupted several times by my 3-year-old son; you could probably do it in an hour with no interruptions.

Got some new rubber today. I was going to get the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX, because that's what I used on my old Protege and really liked them, but my mechanic recommended the Kuhmo Ecsta LX Platinum instead since they're supposed to last up to 60,000 miles. So far so good - definitely quieter and smoother than the stock Yokohamas.

I'm still waiting for my Tri-Point RSB to ship.

subbing for ur build. Let us know how that sway bar goes. i'm in the market for one. :)

Also, I pulled the trigger and ordered the Tenzo Tracer V1 Black Matte 18x8.5 +48 from Black Mamba Motorsports for $440 + shipping. I also ordered the McGard SplineDrive wheel lock kit from Amazon.com and hubcentric rings from justforwheels.com... too bad I didn't know about the wheel sale before I bought the tires for the stock rims. oh well, I guess it can't hurt to have a second set of wheels.

Last edited:
Jeff from Tri-Point informed me that their sway bar is out of stock & the next batch should be ready in 3-4 weeks... I can't wait for it to get here!

i ordered an HID kit from them. still hasnt shipped or anything after 2 weeks :/

that sucks! it seems their customer service is hit or miss - I've seen people vouch for them, and I've seen people bash them. if I don't hear anything within a few days, I'm definitely going to call them.

Back