My 3s mod plan - advice/comments?

I wish all the parts I've ordered would arrive already so I can install everything and get some new pictures - the waiting is killing me!

DDM pedals finally arrived and installed tonight!

Seriously, what a royal pain in the ass! The dead pedal and clutch pedal were really easy, but the brake pedal and accelerator pedal made me want to tear my hair out. Tiny hardware + fat thumbs = recipe for frustration!

Also, FYI - the curvature of the DDM accelerator pedal does not quite match the stock pedal. To prevent the rubber from pushing through, I applied a bit of Loctite superglue between the rubber and the aluminum; hopefully, it will hold up.

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Last edited:
Pedals look good and the light kit too. Thinking about picking that up for the wife's car from the site you bought it from.

Pedals look good and the light kit too. Thinking about picking that up for the wife's car from the site you bought it from.

Thank you!

I highly recommend the light kit - I think you'll both really like it.

(P.S. I apologize for the blurry iPhone 3GS pictures! I should try my wife's iPhone 4 to see if the flash & HDR make a difference. Hopefully, the next iPhone has a decent camera, or else I may need to invest in something better.)

Got a call from the wife at work today - my Tenzo wheels finally arrived! Now I need to save up for some new rubber, or sell my stock wheels.

Thank you! Hopefully, I will be updating with some new pics next week after I finally receive and install my Tri-Point RSB.

Washed, waxed, & detailed her yesterday (and my wife did the same to her Jetta):
attachment.php

Also, finally received my Tri-Point Engineering RSB; here it is next to the stock RSB:
attachment.php

And here it is installed:
attachment.php

Thank you! The ride is awesome - no more understeer. I took her for a drive down this twisty, 45 mph speed limit road that follows the river near my house, and I was able to take the turns comfortably at 60 mph, which was really pushing it before.

Really enjoying this thread. Just bought a 3i myself and was looking for some low hanging fruit as far as mods go. The short shifter plate is definitely in the cards for me. I had a question about the LED footwell lights. You mentioned that they are on all the time. Is that as in, all the time while your driving down the road all the time? Also, did you notice any performance benefit from the intake mod? It certainly looks good. Is it much noisier than stock?

Thanks,

Hoof

Hey about the intake manifold godspeed, cosworth, and weapon-r have intake manifolds. But for the 2.3l engine. Try to see if you could fit it on.

Well, one of my stock rear endlinks snapped today while I was driving to work. I ended up calling Tri-Point to order their endlinks, and I should receive them on Wednesday!

Last edited:
Tri-Point end links installed today. They seem like they are much better quality than the stock end links - hopefully, they prove to be more durable! I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Here's a photo with the new end links:

attachment.php

(side note: what a huge difference in photo quality from my old iPhone 3GS last year to my iPhone 4S this year!)

Finally, finally got my new wheels put on, after two years of them sitting in my storage room! Tenzo Tracer V1 Black Matte 18 x 8.5 +48, wrapped in Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum 225/40R18 rubber, with matching black McGard SplineDrive wheel lock kit. I'll take better pics after I wash my car, hopefully tomorrow since it will be unseasonably warm here.

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Last edited:
Back