MX6 Rear Strut Tower Bar (Installed!)

Just got mine in and installed. Not bad for a $6.99 part. (rockon)

s4200074bd2.jpg

s4200075lq8.jpg

s4200076ga0.jpg

Pic of my piece o crap
s4200077hh2.jpg

I'm always skeptical of jointed tie-bars. Can you really tell the difference?

Is that last photo from before the Progress springs went on? Looks like stock ride-height.

I have a Megan Racing rear strut bar in my car

You can feel a bit of a difference, it seems to unify the hatch area abit. When driving the rear end feels like a solid mass rather than two spereate halfs. For instance going over speed bumps at an angle and such. At least thats what it felt like to me

Matt

I'm always skeptical of jointed tie-bars. Can you really tell the difference?

Is that last photo from before the Progress springs went on? Looks like stock ride-height.

A lil difference seems to be bumpier in the back. The progress springs are actually off the car right now. The car actually handles much better without them. The progress 22mm bar is amazing though and with the new strut tower bar it seems like it will be a bit better....havent really gotten into any high speed cornering yet.

I have your combo and it works well with my tires. I have autoXed my car and got within a second of a RX-8, 350Z, and two seconds from a C6 Corvette. I was told my chassis is very good right now and just needs power (tell me about it already). I could only imagine what this car would be like with illuminas/espelir combo and a turbo!(drive2)

Nice setup. FYI, you seat belts should cross each other (like an X) in the back when bolting them down.

just a thought, but you might want to take those washers out of there and bolt that thing down correctly. you're running the risk of pulling your strut out right there.

You have to use washers on that one bolt. The plate does not sit flat so you need the washers to even it out. I have the same on mine and even the how-to tells you to use some

Matt

i just can't see why you would need them - and if it was my car, i wouldn't feel comfortable driving around like that.

I think I only had one washer in mine so its not so bad. Without a washer the bracket is bending at the one point.

I think he has 3 washers in there so it does look a little sketchy. I have a lot more threads showing on th stud on my car.

Matt

Back