Multivex Mirrors

I had a set of Multivex Mirrors made for my P5. It took a little over thirty days to have the molds made. http://www.multivexmirror.com/ They work pretty well. They do away with blind spots without the small, round stick-on mirror. These mirrors are added onto the stock ones and completely cover them.

They stick on with the provided stickers already on the mirrors but I decided to remove the RH mirror and mount the Multivex directly onto the stock, plastic frame. I parked Four feet beside a Toyota Corolla with the B pillars in line and I could see the tail end of the car. Pretty cool. The camera was placed just inside from viewing the side of the my own car. The problem with mounting the Multivex directly onto the frame is that the mirror is now set too far inside and the mirror housing covers some of the view.

I placed the LH mirror on the stock one with better results. The Red arrows shows about where the matching points are. The Blue arrow shows about where the new mirror ends. The new mirror now shows the front end of the Chevy Blazer. The Blazer was Four and a half feet away with the rear end of my car in line with the Blazer's front. The following pics were taken from the same spot. Sorry about the poor pictures. Only the top quarter was cropped off and resized to save space. The last shot was taken with the camera closer to the mirror.

These cost me $60 for the set. Round mirror stick-ons are far cheaper but do they look as cool? I do recommend Multivex.

Attachments

• CorollaMirror.jpg
    CorollaMirror.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 237
  • MirrorStock.jpg
    MirrorStock.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 208
  • MirrorMultivexA.jpg
    MirrorMultivexA.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 189
  • MirrorMultivexB.jpg
    MirrorMultivexB.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 221
  • MirrorMultivexC.jpg
    MirrorMultivexC.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 257
Very cool, thanks for the info! I've always wondered if there was a way to reduce blind spots without those little stick-ons. I'll definitely check this out.

thanks for the info, they also ship internationally, will check out.

how is the qualify of the mirrors?

i know i'll regret that i asked but:why didnt you just buy the EDM aspheric mirror glasses ?

Well, because I didn't know anything else existed. It wasn't until I posted when I looked down at the bottom of this page that I saw the related threads. Doh!.... I did look around on on the web and Multivex was the only thing I could find. I guess I didn't check too well. At this time, I still don't know how the EDM mirrors look like.

The quality is pretty good. The only thing that makes me think is that the coating is on the outside and not the back side like most typical mirrors. But it does have a one year warranty. The finish is very smooth with only a couple of really, really small pin holes. You won't even notice them unless you put them up to a light. The glass is Thick. Much thicker than stock. The side of one mirror was a little rough but I don't notice it when I'm driving around. The corner radii are also a larger than the stock. I don't think is was from my tracing for their molds. Could be a limitation in their developing process. You can see this in my original post as well but I don't think it's too bad. The view is also compressed vertically as well which is fine with me. Compression isn't as much as the stock RH mirror but it's also on the LH. The spherical ROC (Radius of Curvature) is 100' from the nearest part of the mirror (the flat part.) The mirrors are legal in every US state except in one for the LH and in another for both sides.

The amount of blind spot is greatly reduced and it would have been even better but I have the car design to blame for that. I always push the mirrors as far they can go but they are limited by the mirrors hitting the inside of the housing. I might later put some kind of spacer between the mirror and frame to put the mirror a little further out. Hollowed out piece of plexiglass, maybe?

I know I sound like I'm trying to sell this stuff but I guess I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Edit:
The white spots that you see on the mirror are rain drops and some dust.

Attachments

• MirrCurve.jpg
    MirrCurve.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Mirr1Imperfection.jpg
    Mirr1Imperfection.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 147
  • MirrRadius.jpg
    MirrRadius.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 151
  • MirrName.jpg
    MirrName.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
TStar said:
i know i'll regret that i asked but:why didnt you just buy the EDM aspheric mirror glasses ?
mind to point a link? had a search on the exact words but only returned this thread. thanks.

This may be a lazy way out of looking around, but I have not even begun to research the possibilities for mirrors. I would like to find new sides with turn signal capability, but without the loss of auto adjust from driver's door. Know any? How much am I looking at spending? Apparently the previous owner smashed the driver's side mirror, and fixed it with super-glue. It has now come loose, and does not stay in place when driving. Grrrr.

I have the Mazda OEM EDM aspheric mirror on my car. Had it for over a year and a half. One of the best investments I've ever made.

Last edited:
Back