MSP's for under 17k

Mazda has a 3% holdback of MSRP, not selling price for every vehicle they sell. Also, there is some non-advertised customer cash....I believe $1K. Do not leave until you have them at $16.5+ttl. That is a very fair rice. Tell them the information I just gave you and that 16.5 is a FAIR PRICE. Ask them "Do you not want me to get a fair deal?" "Do you want me to order from a competiting dealership over such a small amount? " "Do you want to lose my business in your servie department?"

I DIDN'T BLOW IT OUT ON PURPOSE. I FOUND OUT AFTER THE FACT THAT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME .... THE GUY WHO DROVE IT DOWN FROM ATLANTA ADMITTED TO ME OVER DRINKS THAT HE HAD PRETTY MUCH TORE HER UP ON THE WAY DOWN AND THERE WAS 500 MILES OF GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT ON HER BEFORE HE EVER LAID FOOT TO FLOOR. I WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE MAKE ME FEEL THE LEAST BIT SNEAKY, SLEAZY, CORRUPT, ETC ETC. I WILL HOWEVER PESTER THEM WITH EVERY SINGLE FREAKING PROBLEM THAT I HAVE WITH THE CAR THAT THEY HAVE A LEGITIMATE RESPONSIBILITY TO FIX : THE RUST ALL OVER MY FREAKING WHEELS, THE MISSING FLOOR MAT IN THE BACK, THE COOLANT LEAK, THE ALARM PROBLEM. SOME PEOPLE JUST LET THAT STUFF GO - I USUALLY LET SMALLS TUFF SLIDE - BUT NOT THIS TIME.

Would you know where I could find out about this non-advertised $1,000 cash back? I have a feeling they'll pretend they don't know about it, if I don't show them something.

Also, what is TTL? Tax, license & something?

CatchMe said:
I'll keep screwing them over until I think we are even!!! (protest) (drunk) [/B]

this is to what I'm referring....be careful what you say. big brother is watching.

I'll look for you on the customer cash. I believe Edmunds.com has it listed.

At Edmunds, I found a second rebate, for $500. However:

"Available only to graduate students currently enrolled in a Maters or Doctorate program or students that have recently graduated with a Bachelor's, 4-year Nursing Degree, Doctorate and Masters degree."

^^^ Not me. Oh well. I can still try talking to them.

I believe the "hidden" rebate is a $500 factory to dealer incentive. They can give it to you if they want, but they don't have to and they don't have to tell you about it if they don't want to.

If you search edmunds you should find it. I'm pretty sure its $500 and not $1,000, though.

There is always some sort of holdback out there on cars, but remember- the longer the car sits on the lot, the less the holdback is worth to the dealer- they've got to move them quick to take advantage. Some of these MSP's have been sitting a while.

Rocketspeed is right. it's a $500 bonus cash,, but it has ended. The college rebate is in effect as is the $2K rebate. Good luck with your purchase.....if they wont come off the price, get some freebies like warranty with a boost controller!!

there is several incentives from mazda to sell the last of the msp's....the rebates and such are all mazdas cash, dealer still gets what they pay for so they are just tryin to hold on to the incentives....they have about 5g of them (including college grad, customer cash, rebates, etc) my dealer now has most of their 03 mazdas (6,protege,msp, rx8) on major mark down....4g off the msp and 5g off the mazda6....below 17k and they start eatin cash.......anything above and they are just pocketing incentives and stuff....nuttin above 17k is worth buyin....i paided 17k for my msp cus i threw all this knowledge at them and started to leave...they shoke my hand :)

Turbo Matty P said:
yuck $5K! I guess Subbie thinks their stuff doesn't stink! Now they've got that awesome $750 rebate!! Thats going to jump start our economy!!

Yeah I do this trade thing often...and it mostly suprises me that the salesman don't realize that I only want to test drive the car, and not actually buy it...The subey dude I think noticed I wasn't that serious, but sort of playing with the idea...I didn't get to drive the WRX becuase of that...

but the even stranger thing was that this identical dealership in Altoona PA offered me $7,000 for a beat up 100,000 mile red Probe GT 5speed about a year earlier...they still didn't let me drive it, but took me for a ride for a little while...The salesman was different, and I was serious about the deal until I got my insurance quote...Mazda wouldn't even give me 1 grand for the Ford, which is what I expected...

I went back to the dealer yesterday. They gave me some B.S. about how they're a non-haggle dealer, or something. They wont drop the price one cent.

While I was there, I was looking at some of the deals they have on the 6. If you take one of the 2003 6i still in stock, they'll give you $5,100 off MSRP. I started wondering why I shouldn't get one of those instead. Sure it wont be quite as fun to drive, but the price is a hell of a lot better.

So, why should I get the MSP? I'm not gonna race it or anything.

rocketspeed said:
There are a couple of MSP's left at Ira Mazda in Danvers for you guys in MA or NH. At least one silver and one yellow, maybe more. Wellesley Mazda had one or two as did 128, didn't go over there, though. Mazda Gallery in Norwood has a few as well, but I won't deal with them, I don't trust them.

Anyway, you should have no trouble finding one for around $17k or maybe a little less in this area, especially if you can qualify for the college rebate.

128 is where I baught mine. I was impressed with the dealership. They weren't the normal untrustworthy car dealers that I ran in to at the other places I went. I think I had them eating out of my palm from the get go though. On the test ride the car stalled. It was the floor model and the battery needed to be charged, and they didn't put enough juice in it. The salesman had to call the shop to bring a battery charger to where the car stopped. My brother in law forced them to put a brand new battery and alternator in it before we walked. They also gave me the college rebate dispite not graduating recently.

one of the "caveats" of this deal is the fact that you cannot get the low financing along with the rebate. one or the other. not a big deal if you can find financing similar or as low elsewhere....

Back