MSP's for under 17k

gboromsp

:
06 WRX
There are 4 or 5 MSP's at City Mazda of Greensboro, NC that can be had for 17k and the sales guy said he'd probably go lower, so if anyone is looking thats not too bad of deal. I'm sure they have 2 black mica's, 1 silver, and 1 yellow, i'm not sure if they have any in the showroom or not.

Billco in pgh wants $16,500 for one...they have 3 of them that have been sitting there for months. I'd get one but I can't give my spec away

I remember shopping for a pretty basic P5 two years ago and the guy wouldn't budge below $16k. Now they can be had for next to nothing. Funny how that works out.

This is my first post, and will probably ask some stupid questions. Hope I don't try anyone's paitence. I live in upstate NY, and I went to 2 Speed dealerships in my area, and I couldn't get either to budge below 19,500. Then my bro in law called me the day before I was going to sign for a 2003.5 metalic blue speed, and told me there was 1 spicy orange in Boston, MA for 17,000. We got him down to 16,500, and I am now the proud owner. I also got him to throw in the 2003.5 s*** knob, and pedals.

I want someone to make this thread sticky for all of those people who think their used MSP with 15K miles is worth the $20K they owe. This is what I've been trying to tell people for months now. Thanks for the post. Hopefully this will shut up some of the MSP owners who didn't know what they were getting in to.

MSPs in Austin, TX have been 15,995 for quite some time. There aren't many left, though....

You punks...I paid $16,700 for my black P5 5speed with wheel locks, floor mats, and an alarm in feb '02...I am still happy with it though, and when I swindled the salesman into letting me man an RX-8 they offered me $13,000 on a trade in...that is nuts, my P5 just passed 45,000 miles this week...and also probably would never happen anywhere else...I guess the resale value will depend on how you sell it..being privately, or a trade for another mazda at the same dealership...

out of curiosity I went to a Honda dealership to drive a used S2000...They offered me $11,500 on the trade, which also suprised me a little...

My bet on the RX-8 trade is that they could give a large amount extra on the p5 simply because of the massive mark-up for the RX-8...Basically it would be the same as getting 10,000 for the P5, but getting them to ditch the dealer markup on the RX...He stated that with that trade in value he could not get the $34,500 price on the RX-8 to budge...

my MSP was $16,711 in march 03. I was very happy.....my P5 was $14.8K+ttl last month....very happy with that also. You're right about different dealers offering different amounts for trades. Our local honda dealer offers almost nothing on trades, but the mitsu dealer will give you their arm for any sporty cars. Apparently mitsu is trying to load their lots with sporty cars since they don't make any!

Except the Evolution;)...But they would only give me 9,000 for the P5 on a trade on one, in which at that point the car only had 38,000 miles compared to the $13,000 for 45,000 miles at the Mazda dealership...and wanted to keep the dealer markup on the EVO...rightly so, the next day a guy bought it with cash...I have attempted to trade on as many sports cars as I could recently, but never fully intended on going with the actual transaction...Just to see what I could get...

BMW didn't seem to petty...They offered me 12,000 over the summer for a trade on a Z4, and they ditched the markup scam...But I never understood where the salesman assumed I could come up with the other $35,000...

The lowest I was offered on my car on a trade was by Subaru...I was offered $5000 for a P5 with 22,000 miles on it at that point...the salesman said no one buys black cars around here, and that they are difficult to move...oh well, I didn't want it anyway...

yuck $5K! I guess Subbie thinks their stuff doesn't stink! Now they've got that awesome $750 rebate!! Thats going to jump start our economy!!

There are a couple of MSP's left at Ira Mazda in Danvers for you guys in MA or NH. At least one silver and one yellow, maybe more. Wellesley Mazda had one or two as did 128, didn't go over there, though. Mazda Gallery in Norwood has a few as well, but I won't deal with them, I don't trust them.

Anyway, you should have no trouble finding one for around $17k or maybe a little less in this area, especially if you can qualify for the college rebate.

i got screwed !!!! 21 and change - BASTARDS - but that's okay because I blew my turbo 5 days into her and they had to give me a new one!!!!! I'll keep screwing them over until I think we are even!!! (protest) (drunk)

I've been trying to purchase one here in San Diego, CA. Through work I get a rebate (drops it to 19,999) with no "haggling." Then the end of year $2000 rebate takes it to $17,999. However, the dealer will not budge from this price.

Am I right in beleiving the dealer isn't really "losing" the $2000? That somehow Mazda is compensating them for that?

If that's true, they're still selling this for full price, or close to it.

I want to talk him down to $16,000, which should be possible, right? I can't believe they wont bargain with me, I'm putting a down payment of at least $10,000 (my last car, '98 VW GTI, was just totaled). Don't they want my $10k up front?

By the way, it's a Silver '03.5. They have 8-10 (silver, black, and yellow) still in stock.

Back