MSP vs. Mazdas MX6 LS

tommyg2b

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has ever raced against a MX6 LS? Stock vs.Stock, Which will win? Anyone knows, please help...Thanks..

MSP for sure. My old turbo's 1st gen MX-6 could take the 2nd gen V6's, and MSP is faster than my old car.

KLZE MX6 though, that might be another story =P

tommyg2b said:
yeah, I thought so, but I heard that those MX-6 LS were pretty strong too?

I've driven a Probe V6 with a KL-03 in it (same as MX6 engine). They are torquey, at least it was to me since I have only owned 4cyl turbos. I don't think they are weak engines, but MSP will take it.

yeah, my cousin has one and it's pretty strong, I can feel the torque in it, but wasn't so sure about beating it.....Still waiting for spring or summer before racing him and test'n it out....

I have one of each, see my signature.

Faster at what? But generally the MSP is faster in almost all conditions. In an autocross, the MSP is faster due to its stiffer suspension and limited slip.

IIRC, the early MX-6 LS V-6 was rated at 164 HP.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys......I'll be waiting for a race with my cousins in a month or two after all this snow is gone.......

You should win. The turbo 2.2 with mods would be a different story. Its lighter than the MSP and makes more torque.

Msp Vs Prelude!

With my MSP with CAI only, i have raced a Prelude 1997 (not sure if it was stock)! He got a better start than me so my front bumper was behind his tail at the end of the first gear! Second gear, i was still in his back but when i put the third gear, i pass him and he was behind my tail when i change for the fourth gear! So, i thing i got him because his motor is weaker than mine at low RPM! Turbo rock! (first)

Considering I used to race my friends modded mx6 with my old 99 GLE automatic Altima and give him a good race, you should win.

driver's race. equal drivers, should be msp by a bit, but it's close enough though that a small mistake by either driver will change things. it's like a 15.5 quarter vs. a 15.1, not a big difference.

jred321 said:
driver's race. equal drivers, should be msp by a bit, but it's close enough though that a small mistake by either driver will change things. it's like a 15.5 quarter vs. a 15.1, not a big difference.

14.9@93.2 (Mazdaspeed motortrend) Half of a second at 93.2... his far behind you! hahaha :)

Back