MSP transmission.

:
2003.5 MSP
Alright. Here's the typical stupid question from another rookie MSP owner... My transmission went out, LSD busted (go figure, right?) The question is, what is the difference between the protege transmission, and the MSP transmission. The guy at the shop said the case "wasnt rebuildable because of damage done by the LSD breaking" and I found a protege transmission that the place claims fits the MSP. Are they right? are they wrong? (help)

Alright. Here's the typical stupid question from another rookie MSP owner... My transmission went out, LSD busted (go figure, right?) The question is, what is the difference between the protege transmission, and the MSP transmission. The guy at the shop said the case "wasnt rebuildable because of damage done by the LSD breaking" and I found a protege transmission that the place claims fits the MSP. Are they right? are they wrong? (help)

yes its the same transmission just no lsd. but i got a question. would you be able to sell me some parts of the old transmission? if so im looking for the imput shaft aslong as its not scared up.

Right now I am having a LOT of issues dealing with the trans shop. They wont rebuild a protege trans for my car, yet the only transmission he can find is $1600, has 60,000 miles on it, and has a 90 day parts-only warrenty. hoo boy. Anyone have any idea as to where I can find a used for a reasonable price? I'm at a loss.

Right now I am having a LOT of issues dealing with the trans shop. They wont rebuild a protege trans for my car, yet the only transmission he can find is $1600, has 60,000 miles on it, and has a 90 day parts-only warrenty. hoo boy. Anyone have any idea as to where I can find a used for a reasonable price? I'm at a loss.

well were are you located ? and why not just throw a stock p5 tranny in there? i mean if you abuse the f out of it you will not get far

I'm in Omaha NE. As for transmissions, khaosman and I have been messaging back and forth, looks like he has a p5 trans with a quaife and cryo treated gears.

What are the Identification numbers on MSP and base model proteges? ANYTHING else different besides the diff? They have different codes right?

Back