MSP owners...what firearms do you own or carry at work?

no s***! lol wtf? carry a gun to work? I'm guessing you all have some pretty dangerous jobs. I'm pretty sure I'd be writing this from a jail cell if I ever brought a gun into work. unless you're a cop or something similar... why the hell would you (or could you?) bring a gun to work?

but yeah... 2nd amendment ftw

I have a cush job, a nice home and live in a nice area. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be prepared to defend myself and my loved ones should the need arise.

You live in America, you cannot be arrested for legally carrying (note, I said legally). The most that could be done (in the letter of the law) is for you to be asked to leave the premises.

As also mentioned here, all the martial arts training in the world doesn't mean s***, depending on the circumstances. A weapon (gun, stick, knife, whatever) doesn't mean s*** depending on the circumstances either. A normal human cannot draw a pistol and put hits on center mass against an attacker closing from 10-12'. You need to have a complete arsenal of self-defense methods, and a gun is just a tool to add to that arsenal.

Also, to address the "only in America" arguement, give me a break. Show me one place where "gun control" works (with factual data, not heresay). Gun control is not needed, the laws that are in place need to be enforced. Someone commits a crime with a gun? Lock them up. Someone unlawfully sells/buys a weapon? Lock them up. Simple as that. I don't understand how taking away a law-biding citizen's (the only ones that actually pay attention to the rules) weapon helps anything.

This is a bit of a hornet's nest but... oh well.

I think it's unfair to compare the US to other countries (like Canada) because, with all the crap that we as a country have to deal with (racism, poverty, classism... to name a few) attaining that type of level of security is difficult if not impossible. Ironically, many of the things that we deem 'bad' can be construed as positives. If we weren't a melting pot how could we be racist? (at least to our own?) Most would agree the good outweighs the bad... but there's still plenty of bad to go around. So much so that crime is out of control and our prisons are bursting at the seams.

Just like the war on drugs (perhaps the only war less successful than Iraq) gun control is almost unattainable. Like you said, controlling the guns of law-abiding citizens who, for the most part, aren't going to commit any crimes with them is relatively simple. Controlling the guns of the criminal element on the other hand... good luck. If someone wants drugs badly enough they'll find a way to get em. same thing with guns...

But does all that mean we should just raise the white flag and give up? There are varying degrees to 'control' and, while countries like Canada may not have nearly the same problems we do... we shouldn't let that discourage our attempts at keepings things to a minimum. Law enforcement needs to continue to crack down on illegal firearms and, like the transport of drugs, find a way to at least minimize the flow of these arms... Needless to say, easier said than done.

Ah it had to get political(no)(no) I am man, therefore I like guns, the outdoors, being able to kill my own food if need be, and defend myself if neccessary. Above all for whatever reason ripping 30 rounds out of an AR into a scarecrow is better than two women at the same time(thumb)

My best friend just got a River Rock AR-15. I was impressed at how accurate it was with just the iron sites. It really is a solid gun. I just wish ammo prices would go down.

I wish i could have some of the guns i used in the army. I think the 240B was my favorite, lol...unless i wanted to hit something...

Ah it had to get political(no)(no) I am man, therefore I like guns, the outdoors, being able to kill my own food if need be, and defend myself if neccessary. Above all for whatever reason ripping 30 rounds out of an AR into a scarecrow is better than two women at the same time(thumb)

Hope you're being sarcastic... especially about the last part. Cuz... any guy that would rather shoot a freakin scarecrow instead of watch 2 women go at it... yeah... definitely a butt pirate

Work (only kept every day while on deployments or at the range.)
-Good old A-2, very easy to shoot. I wish it had finer adjustment. I guess the ACOG solved that problem. I am glad I never had to shoot anybody though.
-M-9 ,peice of crap, I hate it. I wish i could have had one of those shiny Kimbers that the competition team uses.
Home
-Tokarev 762x25 pistol, Im not sure why but I love this gun, probably because its loud, and has a very thin profile.
-I am about to purchase a shiny new m25 whitefeather from the springfield armory, beautiful rifle, in every aspect

Yes, as in Gunny Hathcock, the most badassed shooter to grace the United States Marines. Heres a link.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=17

Looks like a nice rifle. I like the adjustable cheek rest for a proper cheek weld, be nice if it at least had back-up irons though. Purdy :)

I will agree as well on your "badassed shooter" comment too, guy had heart and was a Marine down to the bone.

Hope you're being sarcastic... especially about the last part. Cuz... any guy that would rather shoot a freakin scarecrow instead of watch 2 women go at it... yeah... definitely a butt pirate

I am Man therefore I love vaginas, and who said watching, who just watches, if there are two chicks going at it and your there and not doing em, you must be gay...

Anyway M14s are kickass, that is what I wanted, but I didn't happen along one... I also just got 6 more mags tonight for the AR, I definately didn't need 6, maybe 1, but they were free. They were a little beat up, I realized they are a graphite paint, and I had the stuff, and they are now good as new...

no s***! lol wtf? carry a gun to work? I'm guessing you all have some pretty dangerous jobs. I'm pretty sure I'd be writing this from a jail cell if I ever brought a gun into work. unless you're a cop or something similar... why the hell would you (or could you?) bring a gun to work?

but yeah... 2nd amendment ftw

I have to carry (by law) when I am working. I am not a cop either, and I am not in the military. I am contracted through Homeland Security. Right now I am "stationed" at a local nuclear power plant.

I kinda see how learning to "defend yourself" and not taking the cowardly way out might sound ideal (H. Clinton's attempt to BAN guns...hmmm). However, you will never be able to get rid of them completely. If you ban them, then criminals will have them...leaving citizens even more vulnerable.

Back