MSP Insurance Appraisal? Tips/Ideas?

:
2003 MAZDASPEED Protege
Hey guys I'm going through the whole process with the insurance company and the insurance agent that has appraised my car had it at $11.5k for my (now wrecked) spicy, I know that isn't too bad but it still seems pretty low considering that before this the car was in mint condition, and about 6months ago I bought the car for around $13k, as well as when going to the DMV they valued the car at a little over $13k..

So my questions are what can I do to get the agent to see the value of the car at what I think it really is, so he just isn't just giving me the lowest possible value for insurance purposes? I'm planning on finding a handful of cars around my mileage (54k) going for $12.5-$13K+ but since the MSP is limited and its pretty hard to get an actual value of it, not sure what else there is I can do.. Kelly Blue Book has the car at $13.1k.. when NADA has the car around $10,1k (doesn't have any options and I think it classifies the car wrong, as far as values.. ie. grouped as normal protege w/some options on it).. any suggestions, I know this is prob. going to be hard, but I don't care and I really wanna try getting the actual value a shot.. Thanks as always for the help..

What I did for another car was, Print out several for sale ads of as close to exactly the same as the one we had to show proof that to get into that exact car we needed a couple couple K more. I think they met us 75-80% of the way, which I had anticipted anyway. In all reality that should help. Also proving the rarity of the car, see as your car is one of 600 may also help>

seems very very fair to me!! u just honestly paid too much 6 months ago. not trying to be a jerk abou this.. just stating facts

^^ ya i was looking at that already, it gives me some info. but not exactly what I was looking for, I already plan to buy the car back, and I actually didn't realize that they cover the custom stuff until I saw that thread (after my wreck lol) and then I actually saw the section on progressive website, but oh well I was paying a lot anyways, I just wasn't sure if he was just trying to get the lower price value of the car (b/c that is his job basically) and if there were better ways for valuing the MSP i guess..and since they won't be covering the repair.. if there was one, he said that for valuing the car that custom parts don't do squat...

but thanks everyone so far, hopefully I can get some info for sale things (there are actually a lot atm going for around 12-13k) and show him, I just want to get the price bumped up a little more than 11.5k.. because in the end, with my $500 deduct. and buying back the car, I only get like $9.7K, shooting for $10.2-10.7ish.. something like that

Back