MSP headlights on a P5..

Boston5761 said:
Anyone want to trade their can. ones for my oem american ones??
:D I tried that, then I had a Canadian member try to source a set from a wrecking yard ... then I broke down and got a new set.

Cheaper to buy USDM ones then paint em. Its not that hard. 200 each for USDM as opposed to 400 each for the Canadian ones.

^^^yup. i spent less than $20 in primer/paint/sand paper and painted my headlights black. it took me two years to build up the courage to finally do it, but once i was done, it was easier than i thought. just take your time and save a crapton of money.

Boston5761 said:
Anyone want to trade their can. ones for my oem american ones??
So'd you get my pm. I could sell them to you already wired up, all you'd have to do is splice them in. Here's a pic of them on my car. If you're interested, pm me and I'll shoot you a price.

hood2.jpg

Last edited:
thewrench said:
So'd you get my pm. I could sell them to you already wired up, all you'd have to do is plice them in. Here's a pic of them on my car. If you're interested, pm me and I'll shoot you a price.

hood2.jpg

Those are hands down, the best Protege sedan lights I've seen. Wanna sell me your hood? (naughty)

InFlames said:
Cheaper to buy USDM ones then paint em. Its not that hard. 200 each for USDM as opposed to 400 each for the Canadian ones.

uhh, it's "cheaper" to buy the canadian headlights from a US dealership... I keep saying this and I can't see why people aren't doing that but instead go through all the trouble of getting them from canada itself

Back