MSP headlights on a P5..

Usually people want to go from MSP to P5 headlights don't they? What's the difference in MSP lights and regular Protege sedan headlights?

Tasty said:
Usually people want to go from MSP to P5 headlights don't they? What's the difference in MSP lights and regular Protege sedan headlights?

No difference in the msp an sedan lights...I just like the look of the blacked out/w amber corners that the sedan have, over the clear P5 ones.

eh...ive read that wiring the msp lights is a b**** because of the one light setup...but there are ppl who have done it, so its possible. personally id rather just black out my p5 headlights (that is if i could do it knowing i wouldnt **** up) but to each his own

(canada) Canadian P5 lights - helping me put a little P5 in my MSP.
canblk2.jpg

i personally like the single bulb set up but i'm changing out my black heads and tails once my body kit goes on. i'll be practically giving them away to someone here if they'll get some good use out of them, so look out.

It wouldn't be that hard. The power wire for your high beams would just get wired into the H4 bulb plug, and second ground from your highs would get spliced into the same ground as your regular lights. I don't see how its a wiring nightmare

six_dolla_bill said:
i personally like the single bulb set up but i'm changing out my black heads and tails once my body kit goes on. i'll be practically giving them away to someone here if they'll get some good use out of them, so look out.

Do you mean black P5 heads?

Bala de Plata said:
(canada) Canadian P5 lights - helping me put a little P5 in my MSP.
canblk2.jpg
so whats to special about these lights? there obviously blacked out but other then that, are they worth it the money? what canadian models where they on?

kudakev615 said:
so whats to special about these lights? there obviously blacked out but other then that, are they worth it the money? what canadian models where they on?
Nothing really special about them ... as you stated, they're molded black plastic instead of chrome. I believe they only came on the 2002 Canadian P5. I prefer the look of these lights over the sedan lights and picked them up so I could mod my P5's chrome lights for my MSP. I'm still on the fence ... I'm either going to black then out or paint them body color (blue). Here are the Canadians mounted up on my P5 ...
HID%20004.jpg

hey,

chrome housings were on 2002 and earlier, the 2003 and later have the blacked out housings here in Canada

matt

urbanbiker said:
hey,

chrome housings were on 2002 and earlier, the 2003 and later have the blacked out housings here in Canada

matt
I knew I screwed that up ... thanks for the correction (canada)

Last edited:
[QUOTEI'll have a set of MSP lights up for sale soon
Give me a sec to dig up some saved threads ...][/QUOTE]
if nobody else jumps on these pm me i've been lookin for a set

Back