MSP Downpipe Options

Zixxer

:
Honda S2000
My cork-sport Down Pipe is finally dead. Previous owner of my car had a shop try and fix it and they really messed it up.

Any good welders around the DMV area capable of fixing this???

pipe2.jpgpipe.jpg

No way. That is shot. There is a Pope one pc unit in FS section. Or you go custom and have one made.

OOOOH yea.. no coming back from that... just get a pope. it will mate to stock exhaust fyi though id prob get an extra gasket and use new nuts/bolts to clamp them together.

450 bucks for the Pope one? I'd probably have someone hack those flanges off and build me a new one for half that.

$450 is kinda pisswater for this car hah. it will prob outlast the car. but im sure you could do SOMETHING for cheaper. the pain comes when you need a manifold too and you have only two $600 options ha. stock downpipe is not bad for just putting around town. if you have an upgraded exhaust though, just bite the bullet and do it once, properly.

I work at a shop that builds headers. If you had a good one to build a welding jig off of it would be fairly easy to build another one. You would need to come up with new flanges or just clean up the old ones and re-use them. That is fixable. Just finding a good one to make a copy off of would be your challenge. Just my two cents.

Have u hit up any custom muffler shops ? Ebay has one for 89.99 looks like the one have

There's a stock one in the FS section. Better than nothing, and a good template for someone at the local exhaust shop, too.

Id go back to stock and save up for a proper one.. ebay one looks like s***. back to the same problems you had with the corksport, welds that will prob break. stock one really isnt that bad.

A good fab shop can use the stock as a template. They will need both the S and J. If you can source out the material needed the cost will only be labor.

Yeah, that's probably going to be my best bet for now.

A good fab shop can use the stock as a template. They will need both the S and J. If you can source out the material needed the cost will only be labor.

Msp "j" pipe

Yeah, that's probably going to be my best bet for now.

Hey. I made my own j pipe and it only cost me $85. I do have the corksport s pipe also. I bought the stuff off eBay and welded it at my job. I need to buy stainless rods tho.

Back