MSP 2731 Goes Forged

Nice build. Sometimes I wish I had a blue MSP, but mine has treated me very well for the 53000 miles I've put on it.

What's with the hood gap in the front of the car?

Nice build. Sometimes I wish I had a blue MSP, but mine has treated me very well for the 53000 miles I've put on it.

What's with the hood gap in the front of the car?

Thank you, what color do you have?

Unfortunately my CEL came back on during my drive home from work so I'm going to go get it scanned.

dude, what's up with the bad plug wires?
hope that crapdanza flywheel got balanced with the rest of the bottom end too

Yes it is. And over the weekend it kept playing with my emotions by coming on and off. I scanned it while it was on and it is the same codes as it was. I ended up BBQ'n all weekend and was to fat and intoxicated to get any work done.

dude, what's up with the bad plug wires?
hope that crapdanza flywheel got balanced with the rest of the bottom end too

I didn't know the stock wires were insufficient but since I got this cylinder # 3 misfire code going on and read that it might be the spark plug wires and/or boots I'm going to get new ones. Do you have any suggestions as to which are not bad? And again I was unaware the flywheel needed to be balanced, can you tell me more regarding this?

I didn't know the stock wires were insufficient but since I got this cylinder # 3 misfire code going on and read that it might be the spark plug wires and/or boots I'm going to get new ones. Do you have any suggestions as to which are not bad? And again I was unaware the flywheel needed to be balanced, can you tell me more regarding this?
well then your machine shop is no good because every good engine builder knows that something with lots of rotating mass (flywheel) needs balancing with any sort of bottom end balancing! it won't be your fault for not knowing but it'll be their fault for not reminding you

the good shops I deal with ALWAYS ask for the flywheel AND pressure plate be brought in for balancing with the whole bottom end

furthermore, the crapdanza flywheels are notorious for terrible imbalance out of the box because they don't spend the extra effort in making a perfect product but instead just rush to sell the s***... at least the factory flywheels only need a couple of grams of balancing... the fidanza can take as much as 20 grams to do that in some cases!

didn't I say already the stock wires are s***?
they break easily, are way too small, and have too much resistance in a high power engine

just get NGK wires and be done with it... cheaper and BETTER

didn't I say already the stock wires are s***?
they break easily, are way too small, and have too much resistance in a high power engine

just get NGK wires and be done with it... cheaper and BETTER

idk why the hell i wrote stock wires. i was on an ngk rant. that's what i meant.

well then your machine shop is no good because every good engine builder knows that something with lots of rotating mass (flywheel) needs balancing with any sort of bottom end balancing! it won't be your fault for not knowing but it'll be their fault for not reminding you

the good shops I deal with ALWAYS ask for the flywheel AND pressure plate be brought in for balancing with the whole bottom end

furthermore, the crapdanza flywheels are notorious for terrible imbalance out of the box because they don't spend the extra effort in making a perfect product but instead just rush to sell the s***... at least the factory flywheels only need a couple of grams of balancing... the fidanza can take as much as 20 grams to do that in some cases!

Damn it, I'm starting to get frustrated. I've called the shop and am waiting to hear back. So now what is necessary in order to balance the flywheel or should I just put the stocker back on? I'm learning that there is so much more to all of this then what I read and knew before. And thanks for the advice on the wires.

the stock s*** is much more balanced than the fidanza one for sure... I've talked to engine builders and they all say the fidanza serious have balance issues

if you don't care about a less than perfect balance, just balance the flywheel and pressure plate as "standalone" and it'll be OK

oh and I forgot to mention that the good engine builders also ask for crank pulley (and as already mentioned flywheel + pressure plate) when balancing the bottom end

Last edited:
I had balanced my stock flywheel, pressure plate, crank and pulley together they were within 2gs when we started (not to bad). Then we switched out to a 9lb fidanza and we were 20gs off (on one side). (Thats bad) So ya everyone should rebalance everytime they change something on the bottom rotating shat. Some people I have dealt with even balance their cams (this is a pain).

Latest posts

Back