MSP 2731 Goes Forged

i like to have fun with my cars, and even though i've spent way too much money on my car already, it has been quite a journey getting to where i am with it now. it performs 10 times better than when i bought it.

Agreed on all points and I'm hoping once I get all the kinks worked mine performs 10 times better. I mean I love my car, I took it on one test drive and was sold. But once that new car enthusiasm wore off I realized I wanted more power. And as long as you've got another car to drive besides the one you're working on then it works. But my daily driver just died on friday so now I'm forced to drive my zoom with all these problems going on which I'm not thrilled about. If it died before I got this car on the road again I'd really be in a jam. So I'm just saying the next car I buy will be much more powerful from the factory so I don't have to go through this again.

Agreed on all points and I'm hoping once I get all the kinks worked mine performs 10 times better. I mean I love my car, I took it on one test drive and was sold. But once that new car enthusiasm wore off I realized I wanted more power. And as long as you've got another car to drive besides the one you're working on then it works. But my daily driver just died on friday so now I'm forced to drive my zoom with all these problems going on which I'm not thrilled about. If it died before I got this car on the road again I'd really be in a jam. So I'm just saying the next car I buy will be much more powerful from the factory so I don't have to go through this again.

yea i feel ya. this car is my daily driver. LOL not a very good choice for a DD i know...but i love it and although selling my spec v right when the economy tanked was the worst financial decision i've made in my life...i STILL love this car. besides, we picked the fastest color msp if you weren't aware ;D

yea i feel ya. this car is my daily driver. LOL not a very good choice for a DD i know...but i love it and although selling my spec v right when the economy tanked was the worst financial decision i've made in my life...i STILL love this car. besides, we picked the fastest color msp if you weren't aware ;D

I as well believe laser blue is the fastest and by far the sexiest!

truth.

what's up w/ your DD??

It is a 90 Honda civic with like 250K on it. It has been a great little beater for the last couple years but I was driving back to work after my lunch break and it just stopped working as I was driving down the parkway. It was during that really heavy rain we had Friday and I thought the distributor cap got wet so I waited a while for it to dry out but it still didn't start back up. So it got towed to my boys shop and he informed me that it needs a new timing belt along with all the things that should be done when putting in a new timing belt. He said everything needed would be around $400 but I'm broke at the moment. He is going to go ahead and slap the timing belt on it and see if that is enough to get it back on the road. I hope so because with my A/F's all out of wack my MSP is going through gas very quickly and that premium isn't cheap when you're broke. And as I've mentioned I don't like driving the zoom around when it's got all these problems going on.

So I was backing into a parking space this morning and heard a rubbing noise coming from the passenger side front wheel well. I've never had a lowered car before so I figured it was just the wheel rubbing since the car is now lowered but I just went down to take a look and here is what I saw.

So if you guys can tell me what this is, how damaged it is, has this happened to anyone else lowered and if I can do anything to prevent this from continuing to happen besides not cutting the wheel that far I would be very appreciative.

Last edited:
Thanks Maxx, I'm glad that it isn't anything more serious. So I guess I just need to not cut the wheel that far from now on in order to not do this again, correct?

depending on how low you are (no idea how low would make it necessary...i'm not lowered), you could get adjustable endlinks. someone else should chime in though

Nice, thanks Patrickenator. I'm going to go see if I can figure this out but if anyone else knows please post up the info.

I saw a how to on making your own adjustable endlinks on here... It is probably in the how to section somewhere.

yep. i'll be making my own also.. 808p5 made the how to thread.

basically you get to your car, measure the length from endlink tab, to swaybar. you want the sway bar to be parallel to the ground.

obviously the car suspension has to be loaded, so this means, on the ground..

i believe the parts can be ordered through mcmaster.com

Thanks guys!! I spent a while yesterday reading different adjustable end link threads and the only ones that I found for the front were the AWR ones. I read about some issues with them though and was hoping for another solution. And now thanks to 808p5's thread I think that is the route I will be going.

let us know how it turns out! i'm looking for a front endlink solution...and also don't wanna go with awr lol. I have the AgencyPower rear endlinks. they're very nice, but expensive

Thanks guys!! I spent a while yesterday reading different adjustable end link threads and the only ones that I found for the front were the AWR ones. I read about some issues with them though and was hoping for another solution. And now thanks to 808p5's thread I think that is the route I will be going.

let us know how it turns out! i'm looking for a front endlink solution...and also don't wanna go with awr lol. I have the AgencyPower rear endlinks. they're very nice, but expensive

yeah. **** that noise. i'll be making my fronts and rears.

I was driving home from work yesterday when I noticed my check engine light was no longer on!! It has not come back on yet and I almost now have 500 miles on motor so the plan for this weekend is the second oil change and checking the throttle body gasket for the vacuum leak.

Back