MS6 stereo problem

Mogley2000

:
MazdaSpeed 6
I just put in a new aftermarket stereo, sounds great. I would like to thank some of you for the help. The advise on here came to be a great deal of help. But I have hit a problem and maybe someone out there has the answer.
My factory display that has the clock and a/c and heater and radio, just above the center air vents is not working now. My clock works but I can no longer see my a/c, temperature, or anything to do with the a/c can no longer be seen. Has anyone else come across this problem. If so how did you fix it? I cant find a schematic labeling what these components are connected to. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately (and this is well documented on the "other" mazda 6 forum, the A/C displays are integrated with the stereo just as they were on the previous models. The Metra Kit available for the 03-05 does not work as the wiring was changed for the '06 model year and even though it looks like you can take the deck out and do a simple kit, the wiring still won't work.

Your options are to keep the factory stereo or wait for the Metra kit for '06 that is due in August or September according to my shop who talked to his metra kit. At that time it is likely a $200 or so kit similar to the 03-05 kit.

Thanks for the input. What about powering up the factory deck along with the aftermarket? Kinda useless but it should get my displays back. Don't know where my temp is set at or any controls for the a/c are right now.

If you plug the factory deck back in along with all connectors on the center console all should be fine. You should be able to tap the appropriate wires on your factory deck to power up an aftermarket deck.

Back