MS6 Build Number Thread

whats the difference between TGM and LPM?? i googled them and they look the same almost LPM is a little lighter.

Sometimes looking at the pictures on the web it's really hard to tell. After looking at them side by side I noticed the TGM is darker closer to a gray color where as the the LPM is closer to silver. The light also plays tricks on them. Sometimes my car, which is TGM, looks like it has a hint of purple in the right light. I have noticed that, again in the right light, the LPM has a hint of blue.

:)

Update:

Just got a PM about the Spreedsheet.. took a look at.. its super nice :D.. much more orderly then my list.. i agree with Steve in regards to the first post being super long as time goes on.. once me and jen have google accounts and can edit that spreedsheet at anytime, ill change around the first post..

so in the meantime dont be worried that i didnt put you in the first post, its going to change anyways..

Does anyone have this sticker on their car?? its on the left side of the engine bay (atleast my dads is)
Picture084-2.jpg

Here's a screen shot of what I have.....

Edit: Updated per change of WVspeed6.

Mine remains the newest one from someone on the board. :) It's pretty obvious from the spreadsheet that they are in order...if someone has a Carfax account they can probably start running VINs and figure out the sequence of cars (which is what I was doing when I was looking for mine).

apparently, I need to be on the forums more often. This info is sex!

kahmikahze
2006 BCM MS6
Build date: TBA since I'm currently defending freedom from a bunker...

apparently, I need to be on the forums more often. This info is sex!

kahmikahze
2006 BCM MS6
Build date: TBA since I'm currently defending freedom from a bunker...

this info = sex. true.
you defending our freedom from a bunker = we thank you! (drinks)

this info = sex. true.
you defending our freedom from a bunker = we thank you! (drinks)

lol, if this is true, i should make fun of my buddy more often for using Call Of Duty references as if they happened in real life. (mswerd)

lol, if this is true, i should make fun of my buddy more often for using Call Of Duty references as if they happened in real life. (mswerd)

lol.
I'm literally underground, in a bunker.
Or capsule. Whatever.

Thanks for the support!

yea we just left it there the hood is only up when we are working on it anyway lol.

dont go to mazda meets in it. i rock the 6i at the meets

i should have got on this thread awhile ago. i have the mazdaspeed workshop manual. the one thats like 5 inches thick and weighs ten lbs.

according to it. the last 6 digits represent the serial number.

the vin is 17 characters long right. this is the example they give in the book. i'll put spaces to simplify

JM1 GG 1 2 L * 7 # 123456

JM1= world manufacturer i.d. mazda passenger car
GG= carline series, mazdaspeed 6
1= restraint system, driver side passenger side side and curtain air bag module
2= body style, 4 door sedan
L= engine, 2.3L (L3 with TC)
*= check digit (0 to 9)
7= model year
#= plant (0=hiroshima 1=hofu)
123456= serial No.

now i'm not here to poop in anyones fruit loops. but this is straight from their workshop manual. so goin by what you guys have come up with combined with the serial number actually being 6 digits long my "production" number....

no he didnt.. me and batou have information coming out on this subject.. Mistersix is right but there are a few technicalitys with it..

Taken from Batou's PM

for general purposes, according to nationally recognized VIN breakdown, the last *6* digits are always the production number, and the single digit before it is the number designating the assembly plant. The "National Insurance Crimes Bureau" (NICB) book that she uses gives a straight breakdown of VIN #'s and she can look up specific car models. She assures me it was specific to the "2006 Mazdaspeed 6". The part of the VIN that is signature of our cars is digit #4-8, "GG12L". this is what allows her to be sure she is looking at the right model.

she went so far as to confirm with a coworker the info.
Via a national DOJ database, they can confirm that Mazda is not one of the manufacturers that uses double digits to designate assembly plant in their VINs. They say very few car manufactures actually do, and their are mostly rare supercars and oversears manufactures not in USA.

Via the NICB book she used, it stats that the single digit: #11, is assembly plant code.
0 = Hiroshima / 1 = Hofu, Yamaguchi / 5 = Flat Rock, Michigan.

sounds like most were built in Hofu in that case. michigan was kind of a random designation as no MS6 is shown to have been produced there...

both my friend and coworker were able to confirm this info via the online DOJ database. So digits #12-17 are in fact the FULL set designated as the "series number". Mind you, the full 6 numbers are a random unique set per car for identification... so that means the last 5 digits of those 6 digits could still be a build number... but we would need factual word of mouth confirmation from Mazda for that.

the build number is confirmed by a mazda rep i spoke with on the phone not too long ago on this situation,he insisted it is called a Build Number ( last 5 digits) and the full PN is 6 digits..i have to change around the first post alot to put in all this new information as of late so bear with me on getting it changed guys..

:D

its good!!

and i also have a contact now to get mazda to come forward on this, i also faxed him over a layout of what everyone was looking to get ( Etched Plates) things of that nature.. so we'll see how this goes..

on a side note i was just about to post this information that Batou figured out with the help of his contact, mistersix beat me to it!!! :)

Last edited:
boz_haze
Black Mica
10/05

you sure.. i think you better check your numbers again..

if your a 06657 your build date should be 03/06-05/06 somewhere in that area.

and i highly doubt that im wrong because this is the 1st car thats out of sequence. and we have 100's looked up.. including cars earlier then you and later.

Back