MS6 Build Number Thread

Pretty sure all of them where.

nope. i already mentioned many built in Hiroshima yes, some built in Hofu.
im kinda curious as to why my source would come up with 1 or 11 being hofu, and boosted's source saying it is Hiroshima.

both were MS6 assembly plants, but obviously the same number cant be both.
Ill ask her tomorrow to clear this up for me when she gets some free time.

Plant Number is 2 digits in our case.. so yours would be 11.. most people should have this.

so batou FYI read the very bottom of my first post.. boostd2ms6 had already found a great deal of info on this subject.. :)

Yessir I was about to say this haha..

This is great but first thing you learn in college is Wikipedia is not reliable source of info haha..

4D SD/2.3L/D&P,
CRTN+SD

no idea what lots of this means...
D&P? CRTN+SD?
check digit valid?
sequence number? possibly the "full" production number? being the last 6 instead of 4 #s.

and Fyi there should be only ONE other # for ASsembly Plant.. like 0 or 2.
just some interesting info for yall.

The options make sense now.. 4 door sedan, Drive and Passenger - Curtain and Side Airbags. In my article that Boosted has on the OP, it states that most options are considered to be safety options. Glad we could figure that part out. So now we have all the info from the VIN #'s

Boosted, did you see my post from the other day? I had #s closer to the break off point and a new high # from autotrader. I didn't see them updated on the original post so I'm guessing you didn't see it.

Here is mine.

Year: 2006
Color: Titanium Grey
PN: 01218
BD: ? (the sticker was rubbed out in that spot!)

New count on colors... I really thought VRM or BM would be leading.

LPM 21
BCM 5
WWP 8
VRM 13
BM 14
TGM 4

I keep updating my spreadsheet with every new car posted and also ones that I find randomly online. Post up any that you find and I'll add it to it!

I think we should keep the spreadsheet in the first post, instead of posting them up. If this gets as long as we think it might, that first post is gonna be huge!

Here is mine.

Year: 2006
Color: Titanium Grey
PN: 01218
BD: ? (the sticker was rubbed out in that spot!)

I'm gonna take a guess based on the other numbers and build dates that you're in October 2005. You're well after 9/05 dates in terms of P/N and well before 11/05. :)

Here's a screen shot of what I have.....

Edit: Updated per change of WVspeed6.

Attachments

• PNasof6-24.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
New count on colors... I really thought VRM or BM would be leading.

LPM 21
BCM 5
WWP 8
VRM 13
BM 14
TGM 4

I keep updating my spreadsheet with every new car posted and also ones that I find randomly online. Post up any that you find and I'll add it to it!

Update that again. I was wrong on color. I have TGM not LPM. Rookie mistake. :D

whats the difference between TGM and LPM?? i googled them and they look the same almost LPM is a little lighter.

Its easier to see a difference when its not on the same car.

Titanium Gray mica (TGM)
pic-40320.jpg

Liquid Platinum mica (LPM)
289263558.jpg

Back