MS3 vs MS6: What Do You Think? *Re Opened*

MS6 or MS3

• Total voters
MS6. IF the MS3 is faster so what? IMO the 6 is the better car, although I just traded my SVTF in for A MS6 I considered waiting for the MS3 them after I drove the 6 I was hooked. Like the SVTF the 3 is an entry level car and smaller which is neither here nor there depending on you needs. I test drove a lot of cars before deciding on the MS6. Almost bought an EVO,STI,Leagacy Spec B, G35 ,Altima SER and the 350Z. The MS6 got my attention and it was love at first sight( and drive). This should not be about fighting about the MS6 & MS3 ,but why the Mazdaspeed series is better than the rest of the competition. MS6 better than LGT spec B,Altima SER,G35
MS3 better than the SVTF,CivicSI and that little ugly Dodge thing the name escapes me. I had tons of cars over the years and the best I can describe the feeling of driving my MS6 is its just as fun as the Audi S4 I had ! Now thats a compliment !!

Cloke said:
MAZDASPEED3_fr_action.jpg

pretty picture of both MS6 and MS3
So, still trying to figure out what you want? The MS6 is already out and is doing well but what do you all thing is going to happen when the MS3 releases, there are so many M3's running around now, hmmm, que pasa

Where can i get a higher res version of this picture?

illusis said:
honestly form what ive been seeing with hiboost i really dont see that much of a need for a mazdaspeed 3 if it doesnt have awd. i really wanted a car with all wheel drive and would be pissed if the speed3 did come with awd b/c that was a huge unhappiness when i couldnt afford the awd cars that i wanted. but if it doesnt have awd i would just upgrade my engine and what not and get a turbo kit from hiboost. the numbers they are comming out with are amazing and showing what my little 3 is capable of doing.

Don't forget the 6-speed transmission and LSD...

Breeegz said:
Don't forget the 6-speed transmission and LSD...

And tougher clutch/transmission. And for those interested in something other than quarter mile times, (ie., the twisties): stiffer body, tighter suspension, and better brakes.

As promising as the MS3 is, I'm pretty sure I'm at that stage in my life where I prefer a grand tourer over a hot hatch. Hence, I would go for the MS6.

i have a ms6 and i love it....that 3 looks too girlie i think, but everyone likes what they like.

I like them both, but considering I'm getting a bit older and would like more room, the MS6 would be what I would get. I have also considered the Legacy GT (not Spec B.) or the Altima SE-R. I have driven all three, just need to do that one more time before deciding...

IMO the AWD makes or brakes it. If the MS3 somehow becomes an AWD when it comes out, I would drool over it and cry at the same time. I wont complain though.. I'll still love my MS6. It definitely has a classier look.

I like both... but when you have a limited budget, maybe with the money you pay for a MSP6 fully loaded, you get a nice MPS3 and money for aftermarket parts, also for young people looks more close MSP3 style...

I got the pic from the mazda.ca site. They have plenty of cool pics, like this...

mazdaspeed3_14.jpg

Cloke said:
My dealer says late September or Early Oct, where do you get Nov?

Straight outta my butt, sort of. Wongpres in the 3 section says the plan is Aug/Sep for Canada with US dealers being 2-4 weeks later., or Sep/Oct for US. Since plans are always optimistic, I'm betting Oct/Nov for US, same time they started getting MS6's to the dealer last year.

seanw said:
Straight outta my butt, sort of. Wongpres in the 3 section says the plan is Aug/Sep for Canada with US dealers being 2-4 weeks later., or Sep/Oct for US. Since plans are always optimistic, I'm betting Oct/Nov for US, same time they started getting MS6's to the dealer last year.

Your butt is smart on that. I just want to get mine asap. I dont even care about selling my protege. The down payment will help but I know for a fact i will do all in my power to get this car.

Cloke said:
Your butt is smart on that. I just want to get mine asap. I dont even care about selling my protege. The down payment will help but I know for a fact i will do all in my power to get this car.

I feel your pain, man. I've got a shot of that bad boy as my desktop. I love my 6, but I gotta find a way to make the 3 Mazda number two in the garage. Maybe the minivan will mysteriously catch on fire while I'm driving it by myself some time between now and the Fall . . . .

New poll: screw driver or hammer?

Like others have said, I don't think these 2 cars overlap much in terms of buyers. Mostly because of the AWD.

Back