MS3 RSB questions.

FMJ 5

currently looking for a set of Rear sway bar for my 2008 Mazda 5 GT, considering the mazdaspeed3 stock RSB as i can find them easier in local dealership with discount (i am in Toronto)

my questions are:

1. do i use 1st gen or 2nd gen RSB from mazdaspeed3? (i am new to mazda, sorry for this silly question)
2. if i use MS3 swaybar endlink, i don't need the 10mm to 12mm adapter right? the adapter is only for using stock endlink? I am thinking to buy a set of replacement endlink anyways.

yes, i would change out the bar, brackets, bushings, and end links.

i would also try to match model year, if you can. (2008 Mazda5 -> 2008 Mazdaspeed3)

i would also try to match model year, if you can. (2008 Mazda5 -> 2008 Mazdaspeed3)

Um... you really think a 2015 Mazda3 has more in common with the suspension of a 2015 Mazda5 than a 2010 model does?

Match generations, not model years.

Um... you really think a 2015 Mazda3 has more in common with the suspension of a 2015 Mazda5 than a 2010 model does?

Match generations, not model years.

he has a 2008 model Mazda5, so he wants a rear sway bar that is compatible with a 2008 Mazdaspeed3

thanks for all the reply, so any MS3 RSB from 2006 to 2009 should fit mine no problem, correct?

what exactly is the suspension difference from 2010 on wards?

also, MS3 endlinks don't require me to do the 10mm to 12mm spacer right?

he has a 2008 model Mazda5, so he wants a rear sway bar that is compatible with a 2008 Mazdaspeed3

Well, yeah... but if anybody else looks at this thread and they own a 2010 Mazda5, they're going to think that they need to get the anti roll bar from a 2010 MS3 to put under it, even though the suspension on the 5 was unchanged for that year.

anybody try using stock brackets and bushing with MS3 bars? can't imagine 21mm OD vs 26mm OD being too much of a diff for a bushing.

thanks!

currently looking for a set of Rear sway bar for my 2008 Mazda 5 GT, considering the mazdaspeed3 stock RSB as i can find them easier in local dealership with discount (i am in Toronto)

my questions are:

1. do i use 1st gen or 2nd gen RSB from mazdaspeed3? (i am new to mazda, sorry for this silly question)
2. if i use MS3 swaybar endlink, i don't need the 10mm to 12mm adapter right? the adapter is only for using stock endlink? I am thinking to buy a set of replacement endlink anyways.
all MS3 RSB will work. phunk has the 2nd gen MS3 bar on a 1st gen Mz5. The bar itself has the same bends and are same diameter. The only difference is that the newer gen MS3 RSB has the locking collars positioned differently for the bushing (wider apart?). You can move the collar. I removed the collars since I went with the wider greasable Prothane bushing/bracket set. Over a year now and no noises except for the rare occasions on heavy stress/load.

anybody try using stock brackets and bushing with MS3 bars? can't imagine 21mm OD vs 26mm OD being too much of a diff for a bushing.

thanks!
Someone tried, does not work.

Last edited:
thanks Silentnoise713 for the detail.

what exactly is a collar in our RSB? i am not aware anything is removable except the bushing and bracket itself and the endlinks.

thanks so much Silentnoise713, read that thread like 2-3 times.

now, i am set on 2nd gen bars, with Moogs problem solver MS3 rear end link from Rockauto, and whatever Rear bushing rock auto sales. If i can find the Prothane bushing in Canada, i might give that a try too.

Latest posts

Back