MS3 on MotorWeek TV Show 3/15

gar777

:
2003 Protege ES (sold in 2007)
Originally airs Thu, Mar 15 at 10PM ET on SPEED with rebroadcasts Fri, 3/16 at 2AM and Sat 3/17 at 7AM

My cable listing says it is a repeat for thursday's show but I hope you are right. I set a reminder and hope it is on.

It'll be cool to see but... overall, that show blows. They're WAY too easy on cars. (Either they cherry-pick and only show us the ones they like or... more likely... they're just car ******) Jessica Chotskey's kind've cute though... (even though she needs a nose-job in the worst way)

Car and Driver TV with Larry Webster (is that show even still on? I can never find it) was awesome.... they kept it real. But even they don't hold a candle to the Brits....

Just saw it today. It wasn't anything impressive. I could have sworn the 0-60 time for our car was 5.8s. This show has it at 6.3 or 6.4s. The featured car was Cosmic Blue. The color is not that bad after all. I think it is growing on me.

Choot said:
Just saw it today. It wasn't anything impressive. I could have sworn the 0-60 time for our car was 5.8s. This show has it at 6.3 or 6.4s. The featured car was Cosmic Blue. The color is not that bad after all. I think it is growing on me.

I read somewhere that to get the 0-60 in 5.8 you have do something special in first gear... Can't remember where I read it though... Some comparison artilce against WRX I think.

0-60

Yeah you have to shift like Mario Andretti in a full night of cocaine.

Newter said:
I read somewhere that to get the 0-60 in 5.8 you have do something special in first gear... Can't remember where I read it though... Some comparison artilce against WRX I think.

Newter said:

I think you're talking about flat shifting - not lifting off the gas while shifting. I know Car and Driver mentioned it... not sure about other publications. ^_^

Can you count out the difference between 5.8 and 6.3 seconds? It's such an eyeblink that it's almost comical that people get concerned. It takes longer to say the word "difference" out loud than it does to get from 5.8 to 6.3 seconds.

im watching it right now...its 10:30pm...you think they already showed it?

One detail you can't miss when watching the show: those POS Potenzas squeal like a stuck pig. Anyone want to buy a set of MS3 factory rims and Potenzas? Only 350 miles on them! They suck sooooo bad!

And their driver was teh gay, their best 1/4 mile was 14.7 at 97 which is about half a second slower than c&d ran and I've seen a couple 13 sec. times. It also kinda sounded like they had the traction control on during the runs, I may be wrong though.

Bufalo said:
Can you count out the difference between 5.8 and 6.3 seconds? It's such an eyeblink that it's almost comical that people get concerned. It takes longer to say the word "difference" out loud than it does to get from 5.8 to 6.3 seconds.

Well, when you put it THAT way.... It sure sounds like it is not worth the wear and tear on the car to get the extra .5 tenths, unless you are racing for money.(burnout)

Keep Zooming!

turbofever said:
Missed it. Details?
it's on again Sat morn. not like it's so great you need to see it but I enjoyed seeing this car put through their tests. and, oh, Jennifer Chotsy's nose does look a bit strange but she's still pretty not, especially for a chick on a car show, but I still prefer Vicki Butler-Henderson

Motorweek has always seemed milquetoast to me. Its reporting is "blah" and not very informative. It's a car show for people who don't know anything about cars, or want to learn anything about cars.

Back