MS3 fuel economy

:
2013 Mazda2 Touring
So my poor little 2 was written off this week, and I'm considering a 2013 MS3 to replace it. The fuel economy seems very low, but I can usually do better than the numbers. I often averaged 40+ mpg out of my 2. I'm wondering what sort of economy I can expect out of a MS3 if I don't floor it all the time? Just sort of regular highway cruising, keeping up with traffic.

the 2.3 should be good for 28-30mpg, but, really, who buys an MS3 for economy?! i would think if you can get 25-27mpg combined out of it, you're doing pretty good.

I get 26 in mixed driving, on highway road trip we've averaged over 30. With our 5 I get about 20 mixed and 28 when all hwy.

the 2.3 should be good for 28-30mpg, but, really, who buys an MS3 for economy?! i would think if you can get 25-27mpg combined out of it, you're doing pretty good.
I wouldn't buy one for fuel economy, I'm just trying to accurately calculate the running costs of the car. ;) I put almost 20,000 miles a year on my car so fuel is a noticeable part of my budget.

i averaged 24.5 mpg for the 2 years i owned an 08. road trips you can get anywhere from 28-34 depending on how light the right foot is and how much you draft. but you can also easilly get 17mpg on a tank if you hang out in boost the entire time.

Mine averages about 21 mpg. Best ever: 30.3 I've had some 28s and a 26 or two. Anyone who regularly gets 28 needs to trade it on a normally-aspirated version.They aren't using it like it should be.

Im getting 26mpg on mine and its only been on the highway 95 miles out of it's 2700 current miles. Backroads without stoplights are most of my commute. Considering it gets the beans on a 2 mile stretch daily, i think it does well. Its no civic on mileage, but i got it for practicality and fun. I believe its a good compromise.

Back