MS3 Brake pads.

i've been using Hawk pads. I have HP+'s for track use, and I just put on a set of HPS's for street use. I've been very happy with them. Protegegarage.com has the cheapest prices.

So do the Hawk HPS pads have less dust than the stockers? If so, is the performance of them significantly less or worse? Looking for a set that is good for daily/occasional spirited driving :)

So do the Hawk HPS pads have less dust than the stockers? If so, is the performance of them significantly less or worse? Looking for a set that is good for daily/occasional spirited driving :)

My questions exactly. I want some pads with less dust (cause I HATE cleaning my wheels), but sitll decent performance.

I too am saddened by the way with which my wheels become unsightly. I want pads that perform as least as well as stock but have very low dusting.

I just put on a set of front HPS pads last sunday that I got from Ken. I think they have a lot more initial bite than the stock pads do. I've been driving on them for a week now, it does seem there is less dust than stock.

I just put on a set of front HPS pads last sunday that I got from Ken. I think they have a lot more initial bite than the stock pads do. I've been driving on them for a week now, it does seem there is less dust than stock.

BS dude! Please don't spread false comments here. You think, But you don't know. Let me educated you. Our pads are made by Ferodo. Hawk Hps have less dust but they don't bite at all. OEM pads are 10 times better than Hawk HPS. I have the hps and do not perform at all. OEM (aka) Ferodo pads will not fade on auto x or braking hard cause the Ferodo compound is made for extreme braking. You ever wonder why you have dust on your wheels? You can always get the hawk if you don't like the dust, But it will never perform as the OEM

OEM pads for $150
http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/ind...da 3&year=2008&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Last edited:
I agree. I have HPS on my car for street use and compared to oem pads there is virtually no dust ( why I bought them ). They are fine daily driver use, but under hard braking the oem pads performed better. I'm keeping them in case I go auto-xing again.......

I agree. I have HPS on my car for street use and compared to oem pads there is virtually no dust ( why I bought them ). They are fine daily driver use, but under hard braking the oem pads performed better. I'm keeping them in case I go auto-xing again.......

Where'd you get them? How much it cost you? Did you get front and rears? The dust issue is way worse on the fronts than rears with the OEM pads IMO.

... The dust issue is way worse on the fronts than rears with the OEM pads IMO.
Certainly. The fronts do most of the braking. The dust is a hassle, but from what I've read here, the OEM pads are the cat's meow, pajamas, whatever. Apparently, ceramic pads wear the rotors faster. Not sure that's true. Kinda makes sense to a layman.

Back