MS Exhaust/Silencer?

L8R

Contributor
:
02' Sport 20/Familia
hey all u mazdaspeed exhaust owners :) on your exhaust, near the tip, there is a little hole on the bottom right? or am i wrong... but anyway, is that made for a silencer? and if so, anyone know where to get one? i hope my headers come in, but i dont want all the attention it makes because till be so loud (judging from razorp5's older thread) can anyone help? thanks - chris

ps sorry i wont call dealership, they are full of s*** and thought my intake was turbo... :wtf: dont wanna deal with that.

I've got it....hole is in the bottom....I actually was wondering what it was for. Might be a silencer...but you'd think if that was the case Mazda would sell one for it, which they don't.

Good idea not to call the dealership. I did initially and they told me the MS exhaust was available for '03 but not '02 models.

o_O see haha my point exactly (about dealers) i think all of us should start our own mazda shops haha. we know more than them.. kind of scary... i guess ill call them... :-\ ill keep u guys posted... - chris

*edit*
just called and they dont make. hmm anyone could make one or something? - chris

Last edited:
seriously, i want one. i hate blasting the radio all loud on the freeway because the stereos have to compete with the exhaust

if mazda does not make one you can always get universal ones. you just need the tip diameter.

Last edited:
lolz... i thought silencers need more then one hole to screw tight?? so it should be a drain hole :D and if you cant take the muffler growling, put the oem back on... i personally like that sound and sometimes turn off my music just to hear it :D my 2

nah dude, most silencers mount on using only 1 hole.

1033497025829_muffler5d.jpg

and your sig pic is freaky as hell

Glauconite said:
lolz... i thought silencers need more then one hole to screw tight?? so it should be a drain hole :D and if you cant take the muffler growling, put the oem back on... i personally like that sound and sometimes turn off my music just to hear it :D my 2

I dont remember seeing a hole...I dont have my exhaust anymore though...Anyone got a pic??

kidkorrupt said:
nah dude, most silencers mount on using only 1 hole.

1033497025829_muffler5d.jpg

and your sig pic is freaky as hell

Hey Kidkorrupt,

When you put the silencer on, do you feel a big difference in sound? I bought one very similar to yours, and I don't feel much of a difference in sound when I put it on.

I wanted to know if it's the design of the one I got, or if it is that those straight through models are just loud as hell no matter what.

Thanks,
LOS

It a drain hole, you can put dynomat under the carpet in the rear and it helps out on the inteior noise.

hey, that exhaust isn't mine...i have the ms one. i just wanted to show that silencers mount on with 1 hole.

dynomating the trunk is a good idea, hmmmm....

kidkorrupt said:
hey, that exhaust isn't mine...i have the ms one. i just wanted to show that silencers mount on with 1 hole.

dynomating the trunk is a good idea, hmmmm....
I have heard it helps out a lot with the exhaust noise inside the car.

Back