MPI tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, got to drive it around some tonight as well.
I noticed as night fell, it got really cold, so even at idle, and out of boost i was a little lean, so i added a little fuel there.
As far as going into boost, my TM switch point is set at .74 I think i should lower this a little so it comes on a bit earlier, because it seems like i run lean until 1.5-2 psi before it goes rich.
I pulled a lot of fuel from the extra injectors tonight because it was still pegging the wideband in quite a few places.

Oh and the software is acting funny, it won't let me replay my datalogs, and it no longer lets me save my maps. So all i have is the one on my car, and the one beau sent me. I am going to reinstall the software and hopefully that fixes it.

Sounds like your on the right track. Keep making changes until your at a AFR you like. I noticed that I would get this pop up window real quick that would say something about you cant chnage this map ect and then it would close the software when I tried to play your datalog????

Jeph said:
Alright, got to drive it around some tonight as well.
I noticed as night fell, it got really cold, so even at idle, and out of boost i was a little lean, so i added a little fuel there.
As far as going into boost, my TM switch point is set at .74 I think i should lower this a little so it comes on a bit earlier, because it seems like i run lean until 1.5-2 psi before it goes rich.
I pulled a lot of fuel from the extra injectors tonight because it was still pegging the wideband in quite a few places.

I was getting something like that when i tried to save the maps. I reloaded the software and things seem fine now.

good to hear, can you email me a new datalog or post it so we can look at it?

Jeph said:
I was getting something like that when i tried to save the maps. I reloaded the software and things seem fine now.

Yeah thanks. I'll drive out to the middle of nowhere before i do my datalogs.
Can I turn the TM switch point down to ay .68-.70?

sure, give it a try and if you don't like the results bring it back up or down depending on the results you wish.

for example:

your still running to lean when you go into boost, try lowering it.
it comes on to early and you get bucking from fuel being dumped to soon then raise it up a little and try agian.

You can also modify the amount fuel your analog is giving in certian areas as well as your extra injectors.

it's like directing a play and your trying to get all of the actors to work together and say the right lines at the right time...

once your get that accomplished you have bueatiful play for all to enjoy and in our case your beating the s*** out of other cars and takin their women and banging them until they can't walk...

Ah yes, what fun!!!

Jeph said:
Yeah thanks. I'll drive out to the middle of nowhere before i do my datalogs.
Can I turn the TM switch point down to ay .68-.70?

Heh, I think i need to lower it, because i noticed going into boost that it wasn't kicking on until a few pounds.

How did my timing map look? I haven't even ventured messing with that yet.

It looked good to me... shouldn't have to mess with it much I wouldn't think unless you feelyou need to...

See fuel tuning i understand, but timing i don't really understand. How do i know where i need to add timing and where i need to pull timing?

sorry for threadjack but i'm having tuning issues right now, so i'm looking into other options.

do you have to have the extra injector setup to run the mpi, or can you run it with larger injectors?

and what is the price of the mpi stuff for a F/I setup.

thanks

(end threadjack)

good luck, glad to see you got your car back!

You're trying to tune with the emanage right?
I'm running extra injectors, but i believe you can use bigger injectors. I think you can use one or the other, but not both.
You can tune with the stock injectors, up to a certain point.

you don't have to have extra injectors to run the MPI, if you do run extra injectors then you would get a set custom made witha rail by MPNick, you would not use larger ones, don't know if you can use larger ones or not, but ask BiggTimm

Talk nice to nick and I have strong feeling you could get the MPI for $585 shipped and the extra set of injectors on a custom rail ready to go for $285 shipped and if you really want to show your car the luvin have Nick redo your exhuast manifold, S&J pipes and Turbo by porting and polishing all of it and putting the GT28R guts in your turbo for $580

brealmp3 said:
sorry for threadjack but i'm having tuning issues right now, so i'm looking into other options.

do you have to have the extra injector setup to run the mpi, or can you run it with larger injectors?

and what is the price of the mpi stuff for a F/I setup.

thanks

(end threadjack)

good luck, glad to see you got your car back!

No bigger injectors in stock location with the MPI. Use xtra injectors before the TB. I think it's $695 right now for the MPI, but you have to add on for the xtra injectors. Contact MPNick for more specifics, I don't know if he's got any specials going or not.

Jeph--the TM coming on at 1psi or so isn't all that bad. There's not enough load on the engine to do much harm. I have mine coming on around 1-2psi and it's been fine for a long time. If you set it too early, then it may come on in a higher gear where the loads are a bit greater. How often will you be at that specific moment where you are running 1.5psi for an extended period of time?

yep, just depends on how much your buying and how nice you are...

Nick is super cool if you shut up and listen to him and take his advice and be patient.

I might be able to through a mini GB together and include him in it to get redued pricing.

I got a few members who are buying the MPI, Turbo upgrade and Extra injectors for the next few months, so maybe he can jump in our little mod luv fest with MPNick

apocman said:
you don't have to have extra injectors to run the MPI, if you do run extra injectors then you would get a set custom made witha rail by MPNick, you would not use larger ones, don't know if you can use larger ones or not, but ask BiggTimm

Talk nice to nick and I have strong feeling you could get the MPI for $585 shipped and the extra set of injectors on a custom rail ready to go for $285 shipped and if you really want to show your car the luvin have Nick redo your exhuast manifold, S&J pipes and Turbo by porting and polishing all of it and putting the GT28R guts in your turbo for $580

ok, well i've installed the mam ss kit. and was trying to run the e-manage with the profec e-01. after i got it tuned with stock inj.'s i have some wrx 440cc's here that i was gonna put it and tune for. but right now the max i'm looking to go to is 8-9psi because of stock internals. but when i go forged i want to up the boost. so then i guess i would only need the mpi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back