MP5 quirks?

I think they are there for tying things down. "Tying" doesn't look like it's spelt right...oh well

NAYo2002 said:
one cool thing i just found out is that when you open the doors using only your key, if you just turn for like a second it opens the driver's door, but if you leave it turned for more than a second it opens every door including the hatch.

Most cars now days have that now...

OMG! I was wondering why my Fridge light doesn't always turn off. The dang bum is double timing on me!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

NAYo2002 said:
one cool thing i just found out is that when you open the doors using only your key, if you just turn for like a second it opens the driver's door, but if you leave it turned for more than a second it opens every door including the hatch.

Nifty! I'll have to try that. I can honestly say I've never used the key to open a single door on my car. I love keyless entry! :D

Yep all my cars key holes are still virgins, I'm saving them for a special day :D

REMillers said:
Yep all my cars key holes are still virgins, I'm saving them for a special day :D

hahahahahaaaaaa....i can't stop laughing

i didn't know the trunk light will goes off when you close the truck....that's why i always turn on and off
hahaa....one day i wanna hide in the trunk and close it and see if it's really off
hahahaa:D

sonkinglo said:

i didn't know the trunk light will goes off when you close the truck....that's why i always turn on and off
hahaa....one day i wanna hide in the trunk and close it and see if it's really off
hahahaa:D
I found that out when I was sleeping in my car during a trip once. At the time I was actually hoping that the light would stay on so I could have a sort of reading light :D

But of course it would be dumb to have it be on all the time.

LOL actually the P5 is quite comfortable to sleep in :) Done it a few times since having it after getting to work and having the badge readers not be working. What better way to waste four hours till the guards get there and you travel 70miles to work :(

For tying things down there are actually four tie hooks at each corner of the hatch floor that will stick up through the carpet.
Also the rear seat bottoms can be ealily removed from the car with the little yellow latch where they attach to the car.
Amazing the things you discover when you actually look. :rolleyes: (crazy)

what are we paying the commission on the sales peoples checks for?? they are supposed to go over all this stuff with you! my salesman had a checklist he had me sign before he took me to show me about the car. half of the stuff on it, he didnt show me

Most people forget that the rear seat pads can flip forwards onto the floor before pushing one or both of the 60/40 split seats.

It's pretty much useless to do that anyways.

You guys do know that the rear seat splits 60/40 ?

Or that the rear seat headrests can be removed so that you have a slightly better view in the rear view mirror? Just put the headrests in the rear cargo net that hooks up to those hook thingy's :rolleyes:

Oh what's this? It's a button for the fog/driving lights. :rolleyes:

The P5 has a rear wiper?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Wow, you can preset the radio stations? :rolleyes:

LOL!

I guess nobody takes the time to read the manual.:p

Last edited:
I read the manual abit but it's fun discovering these things by mistake or hearing about them here! I did not know about the little handle in the hatchback to close it...still have to use the outside to close all the way..I DID read about the drivers seat and the tilt positions...up or down etc...did not know what the knobs on the side were for so I looked them up in the manual...

I read the manual on the way home when we bought our car. My wife was ready to kill me cause I kept pushing buttons and stuff as we were going down the road. When I told my wife to use the little handle thing on the trunk to close it so she wouldn't scratch the paint on the hatch with her rings she gave me a dirty look. The coolest feature has to be with an autostick, no matter what gear you are in when you come to a stop the gear goes to 1st automaticaly.

REMillers said:

Old thread, but maybe you should spray a little lithium grease in the key holes every once in a while to make sure they will still be working. :)

loccusst said:
I read the manual on the way home when we bought our car. My wife was ready to kill me cause I kept pushing buttons and stuff as we were going down the road.

My ex wife balled me out for the exact same thing. Hmmm, any guesses why she is my EX wife?!

What do you people do with the little slot under the fog light switch? Its not big enough to fit CD cases in. I usually stick my sunglasses in, but it seems like a wastes hole. If there is such a thing...

MikeyTea said:
What do you people do with the little slot under the fog light switch? Its not big enough to fit CD cases in. I usually stick my sunglasses in, but it seems like a wastes hole. If there is such a thing...
I keep my work badge/scan card in there since I need it everyday to get into the garage. Other than that I'd have no idea what. cell?

Back