mp3 vs jeep wrangler

fano

i was driving home from work on parmer lane and this yellow jeep pulls up next to me and the guy in it kept looking over at me. i had my stereo up so i guess i didn't hear him rev...the light turns green and he punches it (i didn't). we get to the next light about a mile down the road and this time i hear him reving so it's on (all the while thinking to myself why i even bother racing a wrangler). light turns green, i dump the clutch from 4000, and i spin the tires all the way through first gear (mp3s are a little torquier than i thought they were). needless to say i won but what surprised me is that i won by 3 car lengths and didn't even go WOT. we get to the next light and he doesnt even look over.

i know they weigh a ton but aren't jeeps a little faster than that?

tarnishing the good name of Jeep! how dare he!!...i drive a jeep now :mad: and its slow as hell but its 5-spd so i like to think its fast. its (mine) is only 4cyl. i would have thought they could have done better but maybe they suck. last time i checked, (last winter) my car did 0-60 in about 14 sec. :rolleyes: it seems slow as hell but it really dies after about 45, it has absolutly no top end. i raced my friend in her cougar the other day and i hung with her all the way to 45, she gained nothing, but anything over that, forget it.

The one you raced had to be a 4cyl. I sold my 97 wrangler sahara for my MP3. Mine had the 4.0 6cyl and it hauled ass untill the wind drag took over. Wranglers aren't as heavy as you think. I could easily keep up if now right out beat the s*** out of V8 trucks. The low gears have a crap load more torque than the MP3. If I remember it right it is around 200 hp and 240 ft/lbs of torque. I know thats close but I'm not sure. But if it were a 6cyl, he would have crushed you up to about 40 or 50 mph.

say fano where do you cruise i thought i saw an mp3 on parmer and metric sometimes frenchie and i cruise downtown here and there you should tag along sometime... :eek:

i live right off of parmer and lamplight village so im always around there...i been seeing the same blue mp3 a few different times around parmer and I35 and im beginning to wonder who that is.

HAHAHA the smell taste matt, smell taste. That jeep is fun when there isn't a road beneath you. Sorta like behind the pharmacy...

oh yea..7-11 WRC course...haha...too bad those bastards caught on to us...no chains and concrete posts can hold back the smell-taste from its puddle jumping!!!!...but yea wind is a killer on the jeep...box in the wind, it sucks ass...must be rid of it soon

yeah yeah that might be me i always go to the exxon on parmer and n. lamar

Back