MP3 Shift Boot Non Interchangeable

L0w_N_sl0w

:
Mazda,Protege5
Mazda MP3 shift boots are non interchangeable with the Protege5. I made the mistake of trying this, they are very different boots. Oh well only $30..

Is the pro5 interchangeable with the msp? Just asking because i have a MP3 and got my shift boot off an msp

I believe the protege5 and msp have the same size boot. Have you installed your msp shift boot in your mp3?

Last edited:
funny thread. the MP3 was supplied with the same shift boot as the regular ES and Protege5. part numbers are exactly the same.

I bought the shift boot used from a mazdas247 member. I guess he could have sent me the wrong boot on accident. :-/

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured you got the wrong one somehow... maybe your new ones from a mazda6 or something.

Shift boot

Can you identify this shift boot? Pictures are not the greatest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    803.1 KB · Views: 130
looks like a civic boot to me. it "Could" be made to fit, but will require some trimming to fit the protege console base.

i had a civic typeR shift boot installed into my protege, when i still had the car. it took some creative trimming around the base, but it fit. if you don't want to play around with it, just list it up on ebay as a civic shift boot and be done.

Comparing it to other honda shift boots I think your right. Thanks for your help. I feel bad now for telling people that the mp3 boot won't fit..

Did the person who sold this to you advertise it as an MP3 boot?

Back