MP3 rear sway bar BN7H-28-151B

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshP5

Hold the butter
:
AccordSportMT
Oh, no! Not another P5 owner looking for a Racing Beat rear sway bar! Yawn.

Well, here's the twist: I'm looking for the 19mm bar (BN7H-28-151B) from the MP3 or MP3 sway bar kit (0000-88-C05-KT).

why the 19mm? AWR has a 19mm, and should be easier to source. the 20mm mazdaspeed bar won't be THAT much stiffer.

oh wow I never knew they weren't the same bar! Eventually us P5ers will have stolen alll of the racing beat stuff from MSP owners who didn't think the stock stuff could possibly be good enough :)

If the MP3 bar is in fact thinner, I'd deefinitely get the MSP one just so that you can get the AXR clunk fix bracket. My car handles amazingly with msp rear bar and axr clunk fix :)

I knew it was only a matter of time before these questions came up. :)

I don't know for sure that BN7H-28-151A (MSP) and BN7H-28-151B (MP3) are different sizes, but the part numbers are different and it says so on the Protege FAQ so I'm hoping.

There are a few reasons for going with this setup over AWR and RB 20mm:
-19mm RB is AXR compatible (bushings available from Energy Suspension)
-19mm rear is a better match for the stock 23mm front considering my springs, tires, and driving conditions

^^ oh yeah, forgot you could just get a different bushing and since the sway bar is the same shape (with the kink in the middle) it'll still work with the AXR brackets.. just no dice for those AWR sway bar lovers :)

Bump. Maybe I'll ask about the 19mm bar in the MP3 forum. So far it's still rumors and speculation.

Hey Kansei, your car ever come around on you with that 20mm bar?

Yeah if the 19mm RB bar doesn't work out I'll likely go with the AWR and bored-out stock bushings.

The link you provided goes to the MSP sway bar kit 0000-8M-C15. There's also an MP3 sway bar kit 0000-88-C08-KT. This is why I suspect it's not the whole story.

Incidentally, I just measured my P5's rear bar; it's 17mm.

Dammit, I just convinced myself that the 19mm bar doesn't exist. Ken, can you confirm it's 19mm or 20mm?

JoshP5 said:
Dammit, I just convinced myself that the 19mm bar doesn't exist. Ken, can you confirm it's 19mm or 20mm?

its the part number you listed up there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back