motorcraft tranny lube

Used this fluid today when I took my car in for its 30,000 mile service. It does shift a little better, but nothing earth shattering. I suspect I'll see more of a difference when I cold start the car tomorrow morning (it is snowing outside!) I'm glad I spent the money, but Mazda still needs to make smoother transmissions.

Mazda doesn't make the transmission. What Mazda could do is redesign the shifter and engine mount setup and that would alleviate alot of the problems.

Watch it overfilling a trans. There is a pumping action imparted by the spinning gears going on inside the case and if you overfill too much, you a. cause extra drivetrain loss and b. can blow the seals in the trans.

drained some of the excess fluid out and still got the whining during turns. i think i'm going to have to switch over to the xt-m5-qs

Yep, this whining is pretty common to cone style diffs. It does mean more wear is happening but, not a significant amount. a VERY SMALL amount of fricmod or switching to the Ford fluid should fix it up.

a couple oz or less of FM isn't gonna blow your synchros, that is overstated. However, it isn't called for and the Ford fluid has none in it so, that's the safest option.

i just decided to change fluids. went with the cheaper mobile 1 full synthetic 75w90. drove it a couple miles and as far as i can tell at this point, noise has diminished. what a waste of money(sadbanana)

Back