motor build?

Ya so I just talked to the guy and I'm gonna get the oil pump from rock auto and have it shipped off ASAP I'm probabley gonna go to mopac today too and see how much the wideband and oil pressure gauge cost for the auto meter ultra light

Wideband is around $350 IIRC and oil press electric short sweep is like $60. Ill be down at Mopac around noon maybe I'll see u there

so im thinking i might do the head also they j&w quoted me around 1400 to rebuild the head and do the valve job plus port and polish. Anyone know what the gains would be from doing the head?also just got the oil pump today and ill be shipping it off soon to be moded

Like i said when we went for a rip, the stock head is VERY restrictive and porting helps in a BIG way. If you're going to do it though, get some cams. Stage 2's will do you wonders.

Integral Cams. Theyre now defunct, but contact megacycle cams. They have the profiles.

not sure what shipping would be to alberta but I have a bare FSDE head in good shape that came from a clean running motor with 99,000KM that bent a rod and developed a knocking sound in the bottom end.

You can have it for $50 + shipping. If you dont need it shipped rush it probably would not be too bad. I am in the GTA. PM Me if your interested.

bump for engine mounts orderd driver side and passenger. 95 duro awr ill post pictures soon if i can figure out how lol

A buddy was telling me once that part of the reason solid mounts suck so bad in this car is that the subframe bushings are garbage and wear out really quickly. So the entire subframe ends up resonating with the motor and transferring vibration to the chassis.

I don't know how much truth there is in that, but just throwing it out there.

i guess that sounds believable. maybe ill go with middle duro just trying to figure cuz i want my transmission to last as long as possible.

A buddy was telling me once that part of the reason solid mounts suck so bad in this car is that the subframe bushings are garbage and wear out really quickly. So the entire subframe ends up resonating with the motor and transferring vibration to the chassis.

I don't know how much truth there is in that, but just throwing it out there.

Haha! I have a 95 rear and my car whines like a cat with it's tail cut off. And it's starting to make stuff in my dash buzz.

It all depends on what you're looking for. I wanted my car to be more like a race car so I don't care much about comfort. My wife complains cuz I deleted my A/C too.

Back