Miss fire or fuel cut. Which one?

lavishauto

:
2007 mazdaspeed3
Ok, so my car has a miss fire. During the warmer months it would hardly miss. But now that it's colder it does it every time I drive it. I get why it would while cold cause the air is more dense allowing the car to make more power.

I had a sputter and I replaced the plugs, wires, and coils. The sputter went away with the new plugs and wires but it still had a miss. I thought it was faulty coils so I got a new set and it still had a miss. Mind you, the coils are from Autozone... Could the a coils be "cheap" and can't keep up with the cars power?
If the coils aren't strong enough, I'm gunna do the 1.8 conversion and see what that does.

OR could it be a fuel cut? I read that the reason there is a Fuel cut is that the car is making to much power and it cuts the fuel to keep you from blowing the motor. My waste gate is bad and is making me over boost. Could I be getting a fuel cut cause my wastegate is allowing the car to produce to much power?

my msp is acting up too, not sure how urs does

my msp doesnt like to accelerate sometime. especially during the first few mins drive (when oil and coolant temperature are still cold/ just starting to get warm)

it doesnt happen at local, mostly happen on highway entrance(doesnt wanna pick up speed when i wanna accelerate above 60-80km/h )

when it happens, if i let go gas pedal slightly , it will accelerate like crazy (feels like 25-30% pedal = accelerationg 50%+_ would starts deceleration)

maybe i need to do a spark plug/coil check ? (last oil change has been 5000km ago, so i might need new oil /filter too)
also might wanna install FMIC and air box nao? (air temperature sensor is just zip tighted beside the air intake filter )

Hmm... I'm not sure what could be up with yours man.. The first few minutes for me my car is pretty snappy besides it misses a few times... That's all my car does is miss.. What I'm gunna do, is replace the waste gate obviously and just do the 1.8 coil conversion . Hopefully it fixed it..

The coil conversion won't change anything, the stock coils will work fine. Did you gap the plugs to .028"? They will come .044" out of the box. Replace the WGA if it is bad. You are not hitting fuel cut and autozone coils work the same as any other.

careful, your off by 100

its .028 not .28

but yeah, that .005 differential will make a world of difference!!

I v installed new plugs, still acting the same. It always happen at highway entrance always happen around 80km/h doesnt wanna accelerate any further. Even i shift to 5th, it doednt wanna pick up speed. But i d shifted to 3rd this time reved abov 3.5k rpm and up shift to 4th and 5th. It finally goes over100km/h.

I dont 5hink its the throttle /cable. Or 4th gear/synchros. Fuel cut because air temp sensor picking up cold air signal?

I tap the plugs on concrete usually, just lightly tap them until the gap closes then check it with a gauge. It takes some finesse but it's really easy to do with some common sense.

So I changed my wastegate and don't have a vac leak. And I regapped my plugs to .028 and I still have a misfire. Real bad. These plugs/wires/coils aren't even a year old. No idea what could be causing this misfire now. Anymore suggestions?

What kind of plugs are u using. I always have platinum ngk. I was thinking about getting ngk copper plugs and see if that solve my problem in this cold winter months

I run AutoLite Copper tips. One thing my dad said that could be the problem, is my CAI is could be bringing it to cold of air.

I just heard platium and iridium plugs dont run well in winter. But i just confirmed with local store. Ngk copper bkr line and zfr lines are diacontinued. Oo

NGK will still make all the same types of plugs they are likely just changing the name or part numbers.

Back