Mirror with Compass and Temp

Thats Ok!

Nevermind, I found the pic already....:cool:

compasstempmirror.gif

Thanks

Yo, with this auto-dimm compass mirror - anyone know what the button on the left is for? I know the one on the right toggles between C, F, and off. What's the one on the left do? I could'nt find anything on it in the manual.

I got the mirror with auto dim/compass/temp from Mazda and installed at the dealer. It's sweet! Nice touch to add some class and functionality.

perhaps i should swap with either my brother or sister.

i wonder if they'd figure out where it went! :D

pdhaudio said:
perhaps i should swap with either my brother or sister.

i wonder if they'd figure out where it went! :D

Trust me, they will have your ass strung up before you can get it clicked into place.:p

Since you're going to have to do the wiring anyway, what would be the problem in ordering the compass/auto-dimming mirror from another car, say the 6, and installing that? mazdaperformance.com has both, and the one for the 6 is like $70 cheaper!

Anyone see a problem in getting the 6 mirror and installing it in an MSP?

damn yo..this thread has died and come back tooo many times.....check the original date (3-11-2002)..but nonetheless...any info on the compatibilty of the 6 mirror? im guessing the difference could be in the power connections, but that may not matter, you might be able to hard wire it or something....

LinuxRacr said:
No, The broken windshield is a result if you do not remove the mirror correctly (get impatient and start yanking mirror). An auto glass provider should be able to help you remove the OEM mirror if you really need help. The instructions are NOT based on removing the mirror. Just a section of the first page. This is not a difficult install. It took me about 20-40 minutes to do. Again, the instructions are VERY detailed.

Well since you happen to be in df/w... if i got this mirror, you think you could help a fellow msprotege guy? :)

I'm going to get this mirror. Hopefully its the right one.

and yes, this thread is REALLY old. but helpful.

ANYONE WITH PICS?!
lol.

Those scanned pics of the install instructions are too small and blurry.....does anyone have them posted somewhere so I could see?

mp3wannabe said:
damn yo..this thread has died and come back tooo many times.....check the original date (3-11-2002)..but nonetheless...any info on the compatibilty of the 6 mirror? im guessing the difference could be in the power connections, but that may not matter, you might be able to hard wire it or something....

I installed this mirror in my 2003 Proteg5 today, and it was a somewhat lengthy process, but the instructions are very detailed and clear. I'm attaching a PDF file of the installation manual for anyone interested.

Attachments

• 0000-8c-a07c-EC-Mirror.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 530
thread back from the grave! i'm looking to add this mirror. can anyone confirm if other mirrors work (like from a 6, 3 etc) or if going with the oem protege one is best?
anyone done this more recently then 2006^

and if so, any new install insight?

Back