Michael in Boot Camp

Are you new here? Hi! Welcome! I'm Todd.

[insert your favorite dick/fart/latently homosexual joke here]

Megan - why not just have folks PM you with the "serious" letters? You can print them out and ship them off to Michael? Then they can exude all the GACC-ness they want here in the thread and still send Michael an appropriate letter.

All you need to do is sharpie the stuff out, like classified letters.

Dear Michael,

Hope all is well. I can't wait to see you again so I can ______ my ________ in your _________.

(rofl)

(boom07)

lmfao...or, when you type it...just leave 'blanks' like it appears above and let him make a mad-lib out of it.

Topher: got your letter. It will be sent out as soon as I get the address! Thanks!

Anyone else? And hey, mad-libs are a good idea as long as they don't go too far. He could be told to read his mail at anytime and if it's something GACC he'll get embarrassed and possibly in trouble.

All you need to do is sharpie the stuff out, like classified letters.

Dear Michael,

Hope all is well. I can't wait to see you again so I can ______ my ________ in your _________.

(rofl)

(boom07)

(rofl2) That was hilarious. That made me almost choke on my _______ sandwich. (second)

In all seriousness though, we do appreciate what he is doing. Some of us tried before and were actually rejected from the services. (long pause) I know, I didn't they would reject people around 2003 either. Apparently my heart is in too bad of shape for them. I was told I might not make it past boot camp.

In all seriousness though, we do appreciate what he is doing. Some of us tried before and were actually rejected from the services. (long pause) I know, I didn't they would reject people around 2003 either. Apparently my heart is in too bad of shape for them. I was told I might not make it past boot camp.

i thought it was the numerous std's you had...weird.

Update

So, I got 2 letters from Michael today. He's doing great! He says it isn't as bad as he thought it would be. "The drill instructors yell a lot, but sometimes it actually seems like they want you to actually learn something." He also says he likes drill...A LOT. He also likes his rifle. He named it Rory, and even gave me the serial number for it. He also says he has absolutely no regrets about going.

so, since he's upbeat and everything's going well, we should be able to send him a mad-libs letter...hahahahahaha!

Update 11/03

I got another letter today. He says everything's good. Wednesday or so (10/22ish) he was feeling sick, but didn't go to Medical until last Tuesday (10/28). The said he had pneumonia and put him on bed rest. The next day they said he had bronchitis instead and gave him six different medications to take, and I believe they took him off bed rest. He stated that he is now in good health and feeling much better. So, hopefully he's all caught up with the rest of his platoon!

And please...send some ideas for some mad-libs. I KNOW he'd enjoy them, especially hearing from you guys!

lol

I had bronchitis in boot camp and they gave me two days off. On my days off, I became the "artist recruit" where I painted the company's guideon. It was a work of art... wish I still had it. What battn is he in? And at least he has his Sundays off. We always looked forward to our Sundays. Going to church was the best relief. Ask him if his favorite song is "Fly Away". He'll know what I'm talking about. ;)

I was in 4th bttn, but then again, so are ALL the women in PI.

My favorite things in boot camp were the rifle range and all the "O" courses. I did bad at first, shooting wise. I was nervous and it kept raining all that week. But after getting out "in the fleet", I ended up being an expert 3 times afterward.

I think the worst part of bootcamp was all the rifle watches and "the pit". Those no seeums and sand fleas are no joke!

The plus sides of everything will be when it's almost over and you get to make your first phone call home. Then you get your EGA and walk the parade deck. No prouder moment than that. Not for the rest of your life. You start on the yellow footprints as one person and you end up as a completely different one after you leave PI.

Here is an mad-lib to send to him from the guy who has his struts (no that's not a GACC inside joke).

Hey there Mike! Hope everything is going _______ for you. I was driving to the _______ when I thought of you. It made me feel happy knowing that you ________ into the _______ for those who couldn't. You took one for the team. Also, those _______ that you gave me are really ______ . When you make it back to Georgia, I want to ______ my _______ . Maybe after that I'll buy you a ______ and we can chug it down.

Your ______,

Dale.

Too obvious? Need some editing? If you don't like this, next time you send some letters out, just note that I am thankful he went and his buddies are proud of his decisions whether or not some folks think it's the right thing to do.

That picture looks like something horrible without being first noted of what's going on. Are they playing dead or something?

Back