MFD flashes at the start

rsbagwell

:
CX 9
I am new to this forum and would appreciate if members can provide answer to my question

I recently bought used 2008 CX9 GT. Dealer sold this vehicle to me with aftermarket OEM look navigation unit. This vehicle has Bose sound system. Unfortunately, the Bose turn on adapter was installed only when I complained to the dealer (it was not there when I bought the vehicle). Adapter make is Axxcess.

Now sound system is working but the issue is when I turn on the ignition, everything on MFD flashes for about five seconds before settling down.

I am bit worried. Is this normal?

I called Axxcess as well and they informed me that adapter has nothing to do with the MFD.

How old is the battery?
Could be the battery voltage issue.
The startup voltage is lower and goes up in a few seconds.
In those few seconds, some electronics might flicker.
When it comes to diagnosis, try the easy-fix one first....
Get a voltage monitor to check. Any OBDII device can tell you what voltage of the battery is at any instant.

Thanks for the response. Battery seems to be good. I had to take it back to dealer. Dealers analysis showed that once you remove adapter to control steering wheel controls, this flash would stop. Also he installed factory radio, no MFD flash was seen.
I was told this should not be an issue. Also spoke with Mazda dealer. They informed me with aftermarket system, this can happen. Something to do with CANBUS. As long as, MFD stablizes, it should be not be problem

Back