MERRY CHRISTMAS! Car won't start!

KSto7

:
2006 Mazda Speed6
Go to get in my car tonight, to head to my dad's for Christmas dinner, and it won't start. I have the advanced key system, on a 2006 speed6 with 40k miles. I unlock the car with the door request switch, and turn the knob as usual. All of the accessories are powered up, but the car kind of just grunts and won't turn over. Almost immediately, the alarm system starts going off! The CD player starts cycling through at random and I have to hit the keyfob to turn the alarm off. I tried it with the valet key and got the same thing.

I really need to figure something out, seeing how it's Christmas and I've got traveling to do .... perfect timing, right?

In the morning I plan to remove the battery cable and let it sit for a few minutes. I'm hopeful it's something simple like the battery. After doing some forum searching, I've seen similar problems, but nobody mentions their alarm going wild? Got any tips? THANKS! Merry Christmas and safe travels.

sorry bro :( I hope u got it figured out! I've heard horror stories like this w/ that key system, kinda makes me glad I didn't get it.

Bet you a box of Fig Newtons its a bad battery in the car... Electronics just need a few milliamps to run but the car needs 100s of amps to start the car... Working at a Mazda dealer I'm starting to see early 06-07 Mazdas with weak/failed batteries... As a matter of fact I replaced mine thursday as it was weak...

Bet you a box of Fig Newtons its a bad battery in the car... Electronics just need a few milliamps to run but the car needs 100s of amps to start the car... Working at a Mazda dealer I'm starting to see early 06-07 Mazdas with weak/failed batteries... As a matter of fact I replaced mine thursday as it was weak...

Ewwwww fig newtons are gross

Update

Yeah, it was a dead battery. But I hadn't heard of anyones alarm system going off. The more I read the manual (which the dealer never gave me), the more I found that was commonplace, sort of an anti-tampering mechanism. I also thought the car would shut off the dome light, if it were left on. I'm pretty sure I had left it on for a couple of nights.

Anyway, sorry for the freaking out post, I was just a little frazzled seeing how it was the holiday, thanks for the help.

Frazzling is understandable haha...glad it got worked out! Something to keep in mind in case issues arise with my car!

I wasn't suprised it was the battery. When my aunt left her car for months the battery died and the alarm would constantly go off

Back