Memory lapse

eyeballs

:
2012 Mazda 2 Touring SG 5MT
So I screwed up today. I found a parking spot near a low concrete divider 2-3 ft tall and parked with my passenger side very close to it, as to avoid dings from cars parking on the other non-protected side. Sounds like a good spot right?

Well when I pulled out I forgot the divider was there, cut the wheel, and....s c r a p e. Nice size dent and plenty of paint loss on the rear passenger side. My paranoid parking antics finally got the best of me I guess.

I've already had a few other minor incidents involving the lower front bumper including a couple curbs and a large rut in a dirt parking area at AMP. This is the 8th car I've owned, and I've already had more minor mishaps with it on my account(with inanimate objects) than all the other vehicles combined.

So who else's car has suffered their stupidity?

Last edited:
Hit a hole, broke a wheel and 2 tires.
Parked in a weird spot at work, got passenger door destroyed by a '12 Fiesta.
Hit 5,600 deer, broke a headlight, bent a fender, broke the bumper clips and almost broke the washer bottle.
Hit a puddle of water and ripped my inner fender off.
Left and air horn in my passenger seat and it exploded so hard it blew a crescent wrench across the car, made 2 small holes on the passenger seat.
Pressure washed my hood insulator, destroyed it.
Stepped in paint and tracked it onto my floor mat.
Ground each gear/burned clutch 4,000 times.

Eyeballs, I've done a similar thing, not once but about 5 times. I pulled into a parking lot - a decent distance from the entry door to avoid dings. Where I parked, there were low concrete parking blocks between the spots. But only between the spot I was in and the two adjacent. From in the car, you couldn't see them because there were no parking blocks between any of the spots between my car and the store. Somehow my wheels were EXACTLY wide enough for the parking block to pass between them, but then, when I got stuck on the exhaust, I couldn't back out because the block wouldn't fit back between my wheels. I had to drive over the damn thing resulting in some serious underside scraping and denting my muffler.

I did that not once, but LOL, TWO more times at the SAME PLACE. Fortunately, that was with my Civic Si. That thing took some hits though. I got backed into 5 times by people within 3 years. Had to get passenger door straightened. Had to get THREE new hoods (LOL!), and had to get new front fender, and HUGE dent pulled out of passenger rear quarter thanks to a delivery driver.

Also, one time when someone was mowing their lawn, they put a group of those parking pyramids made of concrete right behind my car. Why? I have no idea. When I backed up, I basically was propped up by my gas tank on top of one of those fuckers. Big dent in the tank.

Life.

I cut a corner too sharp and ran over a curb. Popped that tire. Few weeks ago I was hooning around on off ramp and ran over chunk of metal (looked like a piece of on old steel bumper) and popped another tire.

ngd298: WHAT THE HELL MAN? (eek2)

Ground each gear/burned clutch 4,000 times.

HAHA! Me too!

I also parked near a cement retaining wall for 'safety' reasons, was real careful getting out of the car, but was in a hurry when I got back in and wham! Hit the edge of my driver's door right against the concrete!

Also dropped the bike rack right onto the roof just like the instructions warned against and even suggested a blanket or towel to protect the roof, but no time for that and a nice dent and scratch later I no longer felt like going for a bike ride.

I thought I was the only one that messed with his clutch................

I ALMOST hit a concrete wall once while trying to get as close to it as possible to avoid and door bangs. I was about 1/8th inch off.

I've had a few interesting ones. Cut a turn to close and rammed my front wheel into a drainage curb...bent the rim and destroyed the tire...3 months after getting my car while backing out of my driveway (which is a complete right turn from my parking spot to the road and small) slammed my front end into the fence. Luckily no paint damage but did a good number on the front left side of my car Lol.

50 or 55 mph. It was a pretty big puddle. It bent the inner fender in half, I had to stop and unfold it..haha

Actually, I do remember one no-consequence event. I was letting my car roll back out of a parking spot. Didn't realize how small the lot was (it was a single row of spots just off a side road) and rolled right into the curb. My gf still talks about it to this day (this happened last summer).

I also got rear ended 5 minutes into owning the car (well, dad picked me up from work after picking the car up for me) 13kms into its life.

Its baffling how stupid some deer are. I once pulled out of my neighborhood and out of nowhere 3 or 4 deer come running out from both sides of the road. As I'm hitting my brakes, one is running alongside me, gets out in front of the bumper, then cuts in front of me. Fortunately he only got a slight bump then ran away.

Reading this thread makes me cringe!

So far I haven't had any incidents with my 2 (fingers crossed), but I have had a couple of mishaps with an E120 Corolla.

1. Backed up out of the garage and hit into a guest parked behind me.

2. Parked close to the curb in a parking lot, forgot it was there and ran into it hard when I tried to leave. Panicked, drove away quickly, and when I got home realized that I had popped a hub cap off. Had to drive all the way back to retrieve it.

3. Parked in a shopping mall lot because I was too cheap to buy a parking pass at my workplace. Some old guy hit into my car around noon and effed the rear bumper up even more than I already had in #1.

Back