Mazdspeed 3 unveiled!!!!!!!

nate0123 said:
(lol) that's a good one

I drive a Protege ES... how'd you come up with 626?

Well being as your post was so descriptive and I did not pay close enough attention to your profile, I took a guess. You didn't specify you drove a prot and I though you were driving a car that might be more powerful then the m3s. I didn't realise you were referancing that granny mobile[J/K (dark) ], should I rework my post to reflect the correction?

Heha, I'm joking, I'm joking, I'm runnin before p5 owners lynch me (burnout)

Last edited:
Okie... so back to the main topic, I heard the same rumors as most other people... Mazdaspeed 3, AWD kikin close to 240hp turboed... I'm crossin my fingers... but a car like that'd proally be pretty expensive... Just out of curiousity, what will an RX8 hold on the skidpad? Just wanna compare it to the .87g's the 3 will hold.

I'm thinking you can look to spend about 3g's to put a turbo in your existing mazda3s or gt (drive)

I'll say it again......if they make a Mazdaspeed 3 wagon......no more Mazda for me. I just have no interest in a hatch/wagon thing. considering I've bought the mp3 and then the speed, i think it's safe to say I'm part of the target consumer here..., granted they might gain a few other buyers that love the wagon style, but I think they'll loose some as well.

Question is, will they gain more then they lose? and is the gamble worth it given the success of the msp as it is? Shoud they limit themselves more by going with a "wagon", or are they hitting a different market with more potential. Will be interesting to see regardless, but I know my decision already.

What's ironic about all this is that originally, it was the p5 that attracted me to Mazda and got me into the showroom. I wanted a p5 1st, and the woman talked me out of it....and once I seen the mp3, the decision was easy.

MidnightDreamer said:
Okie... so back to the main topic, I heard the same rumors as most other people... Mazdaspeed 3, AWD kikin close to 240hp turboed... I'm crossin my fingers... but a car like that'd proally be pretty expensive... Just out of curiousity, what will an RX8 hold on the skidpad? Just wanna compare it to the .87g's the 3 will hold.
Ummm - we DO all love all our Mazdas - but we should also all realize that the skidpad is NOT the end-all and be-all of performance and handling! Otherwise every Mazdaspeed Pro would be 99% as good as a Corvette Z06. For one third the cost. And that, IMnsHO, is not the case.

You want to compare such stats for equivalent/similar cars, built with similar purposes in mind, and with similar tyres. The RX-8 and any Pro/3/6 do not fit into that pigeonhole.

thatisall.

Newf said:
I wanted a p5 1st, and the woman talked me out of it....
I see.

Hmmm.

Yes, yes. You are the target demographic.

FYI, in Europe and Asia, the kick-ass version based on the 323 platform, since the demise of the 323 hatch of the late 80s, has always been the Familia - which, in the US, is referred to as the P5.

I say it doesn't matter which it is - although I have a feeling they'll come out with a hatch 'Speed first!

The Mazda3Sport hatch made me become a new Mazda owner (cool)

Last edited:
Fine. They can come out with a hatch 1st....my speed is still new anyways :)

Then they can come out with a sedan version a little later that's even better (hopefully with any bugs fixed too ) and I'll get that.

Of course, what I really want is a Mazdaspeed 6. But I don't think I'll ever be able to afford it......no no scratch that what I REALLY want is a 2 door sport coupe ( not the miata! too damn small and pricey for what it is) **** this 4 door sedan family hauler grocery getter s***. MAzda! Bring back the MX-6! or something similar. They call themselves the sporty car maker....and yet we have no real sports coupes that can compete in the same class ( meaning 2 door coupes, I'm not talking performance before you some of you take a hissy fit )with an Acura rsx, the deceased Prelude(wimper) , The accord coupe, heck even the ugly SI hatch is 2 door (technically it's "3" I know). And that's just Honda, look at other manufacturer's, most pretty much have some sort of "affordable" 2 door coupe but not Mazda....no.....we sell 4 doors only. Boring.

Imagine, some sort of 2 door Mazda 6 to compete with the ugly ass Accord Coupe...drool. My father just bought the new v6 coupe for this very reason. He didn't buy a Mazda because he doesn't want a 4 door. Loves the cars....just don't want 4 doors. Mazda is lucky that it's protege/6 and now 3 look so damn sweet even in 4 door configurations. The mp3 was my 1st 4 door, and I'll admit there is a bit of convenience to it. That being said, I'd still rather have a more sporty 2 door.

Anyhow, back on topic. Yes, the 3 is a gorgeous little car. And the hatch is really cute.... i don't really care if the wagon is popular in some other part of the world or even here for that matter......i want a sedan at the very least...nuff said.

End Rant.

Last edited:
ashutoshsm said:
I see.

Hmmm.

Yes, yes. You are the target demographic.

FYI, in Europe and Asia, the kick-ass version based on the 323 platform, since the demise of the 323 hatch of the late 80s, has always been the Familia - which, in the US, is referred to as the P5.

I say it doesn't matter which it is - although I have a feeling they'll come out with a hatch 'Speed first!
That's not accurate...

The Familia is only the Japan name. In Europe it is the 323f, and in Australia it is the 323 Astina...

Back