Mazdaspeed6 Intermittent Lack of Power Concern Fix Available

I'm thinking about buying a MS6 next year and I have been reading about the power loss problems on various sites. It got me re-thinking about buying the ride. However blogger Crossbow provided great information below. My questions are does this power loss only happen on 2006 MS6's and does it effect the 2006 MS3's as well. Also is the cost of this software update under the manufactures warranty or do I have to pay out of pocket?

What great information??

wow for so many car ppl you guys really dont know much about the car

I find this the most humorous and ironic.

The reason your oil is black is because you're not draining out ALL of the oil in the car.

There is still oil sitting in the turbo and some piping.

I performed 3 oil changes on my car and it was clear, clean oil.

First oil change, turned on engine ran for 10-20 seconds to cycle.
Drain. Dirty oil.
2nd oil change, (2nd verse, same as the first).
Drain. Mixture of clean and dirty oil.
3rd oil change... checked dipstick, clear and clean oil.

Also Mazda has even noted a TSB for multiple issues regarding the power issue.

The high pressure fuel rail experiencing low pressure.
and the car needing a PCM reflash are just 2 of the issues that will fix some people's power surge problems.

I had my dealer change out the fuel rail when I started to experiencing the surge and kickback between 3rd and 4th gear. Now I experience nothing.

While I'm not saying the fuel cleaner didn't solve YOUR issue (it's always good to have a fuel injector cleaner because of the deposits in your fuel tank going through your injectors). But at the same time that's not the be all end all solution to the power surge issue. There are multiple solutions that work differently.

Back