Mazdaspeed3 Coilovers RAMS-8M-L10, Fully assembled with OEM top mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD: Mazdaspeed3 Coilovers RAMS-8M-L10, Fully assembled with OEM top mounts

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

For sale, my Mazdaspeed3 Coilovers, part number RAMS-8M-L10, Pics at the bottom.

I am selling them because I have installed the 4045 FSD's that I ordered back in June before these were broken-in.
It has been a tough decision for me to sell these, or to put these coils back on, and sell the FSD's. But after a few weeks and some miles, I decided to keep the FSD's and sell the coils.

These coilovers are better than new!

Let me explain that statement.

These coilovers have 7000 miles on them, ask anyone who has owned them and they will tell you that when you first get them they are as stiff as hell: "I wondered WTF I had just done to my car" is a statement I read in one forum post. It was during that break-in period that I ordered the FSD's, by the time the FSD's arrrived 5 months and 7000 miles later these coilovers and passed the "break in" period and had truly become excellent.
So much so that it was a VERY difficult decision for me to get rid of them, I am still not 100% sure I am doing the right thing.

Advantage 1) If you buy these, you skip that nasty break in period, and have them feeling excellent from the get go.

Another reason they are better than new is because they will arrive fully assembled with the OEM front top mounts, and the OEM rear top mount.
When you buy these coils new you have to disassemble your struts to scavenge the front top mounts and then drill out your stock rear top mounts out to use them.
This greatly increases the length of time it takes to do the install and also makes it VERY difficult to stock out later, as the rear top mounts are not available separately from the dealer.

With these, because they come with all the required OEM parts and fully assembled you dont even need to rent a spring compressor because there is no need to disassemble your struts.

Advantage 2) Install time is greatly reduced.
Advantage 3) If you ever want to go back to stock it is easy to do because you still have your undrilled top mounts, or even your whole OEM suspension if you keep it all.

The pics show the condition which is excellent, only 7K miles.

The only minor defects I know about are
a) small amount of paint chipped off the springs. I included close ups of those areas.
b) on the front left strut, when adjusting the rebound damping it is difficult to feel the clicks. They can be felt, but the clicks are less pronounced than on the other strut. All adjustments are 100% fully functional. What I did when adjusting was adjust the right strut and then match the same number of turns on the left. 3 clicks are 1/2 a turn. The reason the clicks are more difficult to feel on the left is because when I torqued that top nut, I tweaked the area that has the adjustment running through it. It may be possible to un tweak that and feel the clicks 100%, but I was hesitant to try incase I made it worse rather than better. So I went with, "if it aint broke, dont fix it!"

Price is $1650 shipped, or $1600 if picked up Santa Cruz/San Jose area

The prices I have seen these listed for new, range from $1866.16 to $2000 shipped, bear in mind they may not be in stock, and you will have to disassemble you OEM struts, to scavange parts, and drill out your rear top mounts, with mine you avoid all that hassle, save time and money, and skip the uncomfortable break in period.

So you save big $$ over new, for MS coils in excellent condition that have 3 advantages over the new part:
1) No uncomfortable break-in period.
2) Much easier and quicker install
3) Much easier and quicker to stock out.

If you want any pics in particular, let me know and I will post 'em up.

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Last edited:
Status