MazdaSpeed on Autoweek

BlueMP5Dave

:
2005 Winning Blue RX-8
Wow! They showed the Spicy Orange Coupe on Autoweek on the Speed Channel today. They showed alot of the interior and even highlight the new Kenwood deck. I like the seats they look very nice. They played a few exhaust clips in the background. It sounds just like my Racing Beat cat. They did not however get on it, I wish they would have so I could have heard it spool.:cool: Oh well it still looked great and got a good review from Autoweek. :D

I wish someone could get these things, capture them on video or something and share them with us. I'd even use my ftp to share them out. But I don't get these channels.

yeah.
put it on avi / mpeg file! :)

i think this autoweek review was on a while back now...it's probably the same review.

There's actually a review in "Sport Compact National" Magazine for December 2002. Pick it up guys..it's another one of those good reviews!:D

I'll try record it using my digital camcorder, newf: how big the file size your ftp can handle? and also you guys want sound with it?

my ftp can handle up to about 20 gigs, so that's plenty. If it's too big for other people to download I can compress it afterwards.

If you want access to the ftp, PM me. I'll need your IP address, and I'll make up an account.

Sound would be awesome.

I got two files, one is .avi about 680mb, one is .wmv about 15mb. One thing, where can I find my IP address? sound silly but I really don't know since I never have ftp my own.

START-RUN

then type cmd

You'll get a little black box

Then type ipconfig in that box and hit enter. You'll then see the ipaddress. Once you got it, email it to me if you like at

I have to setup an account, and add your ip address to my firewall.

Laterz

Last edited:
And both files are fine. If you got the time to upload them, fine. Once I got them, I can share out to those that are interested.

I can even put it on morpheus or something.

I tried my best for the quality, but still it's recorded with a camcorder. And also to me, the review is not that long.

Just a note before I get asked by everyone. If I get the file from Devil_MSP, I will say so here. Don't email me before hand please

Thanks

The bad thing about the AutoWeek review was that it said nothing beyond impressions. They did not do a test and provide any straight line or lateral acceleration figures. It was a set of subjective impressions.

dolphin said:
The bad thing about the AutoWeek review was that it said nothing beyond impressions. They did not do a test and provide any straight line or lateral acceleration figures. It was a set of subjective impressions.
The good things are that they liked it a lot and it was the first segment of the show. No other similar car (SVT Focus, Civic Si, Sentra SE-R Spec V, etc.) has generated this kind of buzz. Every article confirms Mazda's theory that the market will eat up their version of affordable performance, or "zoom-zoom", so to speak. Reviewers could have easily said "It's an answer to a question nobody asked," as they have about a number of other cars (cough*Subaru Baja*cough) but they didn't.

Also, much like the MP3, the numbers don't tell the whole story. The smiles do. Considering Car & Driver called the Protege ES "A Four-Door Miata" it's not hard to understand. I can't wait to get mine.

i'm patiently waiting for mine as well....only thing is that with all this waiting...i'm becoming more and more indecisive.....been looking at Spec V's and the SRT-4.....i've pretty much counted out the Spec V....but the SRT-4 is still on my mind.....i know speed isn't everything.....i do like the external appearance of the MSP better...and i do like the interior better besides the seats....but as far as tuning potential for the engine goes...I think it might be a heck of alot easier to mess with the SRT's engine....considering it's already putting out all that power to begin with and mopar has already developed kits for it......i just don't know.....then again...when am i really going to use all that power.....in an autocross...a stock MSP would certainly keep up with and SRT4 simply because it handles like it's on rails.....the handling would make up for the power.....ugh....i hate being indecisive....i wish my MSP would just get here so i can stop thinking about which car i want and start thinking about which CAI or upgraded intercooler or ....you see where i'm going.....

Back