Mazdaspeed CAI Install

Ghoust

Ok guys,

im in the midst of doing my first mod to my MS3. I have in my hands a brand new mazdaspeed 3 CAI system. Are their any other tips you can give me or point me to a better instruction manual online that could make this process smoother?

Just covering my bases before I pop the cherry on this biatch.

I can't help you, but you might be able to help me.

Does it say in the instructions to reset the ECU? I assume this is done by disconnecting the battery. I think this should have been done, and my trip meter , radio stations and such are all still intact after having the dealership install the CAI.

the instruction that it brings are pretty good. you shouldnt have a problem. it was my cherry popper too. good luck

I can't help you, but you might be able to help me.

Does it say in the instructions to reset the ECU? I assume this is done by disconnecting the battery. I think this should have been done, and my trip meter , radio stations and such are all still intact after having the dealership install the CAI.

it does say in the installation guide to disconnect the battery cables so that means, yes.

Yes this install is pretty simple. As stated before the key tips are...

- Follow the direction line-by-line.
- Do NOT force the disconnection of the little blue clip. Do it just like the instructions tell you.
- Take your time.
- Take a bit of care not to scratch the CAI tubing.
- The hardest part is removal of the inner shroud down by the filter. Have patience, it will come out...

You will enjoy the results.

You will and likely need to break the air deflector to get it out. Most of us broke the thing to get it out because they rivet it so there is no real way to remove the thing. You wont ever need it so yank that sucker out of there and put it aside.

You will want to fiddle with the pipe angles a bit so that when you put the 2 halves together they arent crooked looking. This envolves twisting the first section that is on the intake a bit until you find the perfect angle to match the second section of tube.

Other then that its easy and just take your time.

Ok i have been taking my time doing this and am just about wrapping up. Question. Do you guys reinstall the center splash guard? Does it matter?

Center splash guard? Do you mean the under engine splash guard and air deflector? If so yes....reinstall that as it functions as more than a splash guard.

For sure you want all that underside plastic put back on. The metal cover over the filter only protects the top side of it for water falling from up top down on it. The underside is left open and has no protection so get that plastic on there nice and good.

alright. I finished installing it this morning and here are my first impressions:

1. Seat of the pants feeling is good. I can feel the difference in HP.
2. The engine sounds more throaty.
3. I can loose traction easier in 1st and 2nd gear
4. I can hear the BOV! (bas ass)

Back