Mazdaspeed 6 remote start

This is not a good idea at all on a manual shift car. One day, you will forget that you left it in gear and it won't be pretty. I worked with a guy that had one on his truck, ran it into a dumpster one day. I told him he was lucky that was all it hit!

actually lol. thats not correct, i installed a remote start on my super charged standard 5 spd 626, and if you leave the car in gear the car just wont start.

How does the remote start system know that the car is in gear?

Check the remote start kit before you buy the cheapest one you can find. I had one in my last car that was a manual. Before you shut the car off, you had to put your foot on the brake, pull the e brake, shift the car out of gear, remove your foot from the clutch, then take your foot off the brake. The alarm would beep and then you could take your key out. The car will then continue to run until you close the door. That way the system knows the car is in neutral and therefore will never be able to run away from you. If you didn't do this process the car would not remote start.

Like others said it can be done. I had a compustar on my old MP3. For the remote start to be active you had to leave the car out of gear and get out while it was running and the remote start would work. If you opened the door after closing it then it would kill the remote start until next time you started the car.

Check the remote start kit before you buy the cheapest one you can find. I had one in my last car that was a manual. Before you shut the car off, you had to put your foot on the brake, pull the e brake, shift the car out of gear, remove your foot from the clutch, then take your foot off the brake. The alarm would beep and then you could take your key out. The car will then continue to run until you close the door. That way the system knows the car is in neutral and therefore will never be able to run away from you. If you didn't do this process the car would not remote start.

This is how my buddies compustar in his civic works. pretty close to the same steps.

Back