Mazdaspeed 6 remote start

rapter

Contributor
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand touring
Hey does the mazda dealer have a remote car starter to install in the speed 6?

if not is there a after market one that i can install, the problem is getting by that chipped key.

Problem is MS6 is a manual, pretty sure its not goin gto happen. Would have to bypass clutch switch and make sure its not in gear when you park it( i can just see someone doing it in gear and the car taking off down a hill).

Lol if your car took off down a hill you deserve it ! Whole point of leaving car in gear is to avoid that. Anyway I always just leave mine in neutral . . . always flat in florida.

Some manual cars turn on without the clutch. Im sure its possible but who knows how hard it is to bypass.

Some manual cars turn on without the clutch. Im sure its possible but who knows how hard it is to bypass.

Yes, it can be done. I already asked around and they say they can do it for $600 bucks and I say F!#% Y*^. The reason why their asking to much is not a lot of shop are doing it because some people tends to forget that their car is in gear and then start their car and for some reason the car starts to run and you might hit someone. It's a hussle for them if the insurance company go after them for installing a remote starter.

actually lol. thats not correct, i installed a remote start on my super charged standard 5 spd 626, and if you leave the car in gear the car just wont start.

you have to leave it in N. but thats not the problem

You know how are mazda 6's comes with that transponder key, that like if the car senses the key you can start the car with out actually putting hte key in, or leave the key int he car and it wont lock, I CANT GET BY THAT, the only way would be to leave a key in the car... LOl not good idea.

so im wondering if mazda can get around that some how????

am I correct in assuming this is only a problem for the GT's? I don't know, but I've heard that they are the ones with the transponder key, and the sports got a standard switchblade style key?

Problem is MS6 is a manual, pretty sure its not goin gto happen. Would have to bypass clutch switch and make sure its not in gear when you park it( i can just see someone doing it in gear and the car taking off down a hill).

the idiot that owned my civic before me had one of those added and I hated it! It would just out of no where try to start when it was in gear! It took off one day and almost tore through my garage.....

Not sure a good idea with a car that has a manual transmission....

^^ yeah that stinks, man.
I would love to have one since its leather, and can get pretty chilly outside.
i park in a garage at home but at work its outside....
danm!

^^Oh really, is it from Mazda, or is it a aftermarket one?
but do you have to keep one of the keys in the car at all times?

Yes, it can be done. I already asked around and they say they can do it for $600 bucks and I say F!#% Y*^. The reason why their asking to much is not a lot of shop are doing it because some people tends to forget that their car is in gear and then start their car and for some reason the car starts to run and you might hit someone. It's a hussle for them if the insurance company go after them for installing a remote starter.

600??? They must be crazy..... We charge extra for parts and standard but its not that bad. Im doing the viper 5301 in my car next week. totally possible to do on a ms6 and totally worth it. The starter is designed safe for standard, it wont start if its not in neutral.

600??? They must be crazy..... We charge extra for parts and standard but its not that bad. Im doing the viper 5301 in my car next week. totally possible to do on a ms6 and totally worth it. The starter is designed safe for standard, it wont start if its not in neutral.

Tell me about it. Are you an installer? and where's your location.

Ya, I work for sounds incredible mobile. We are located in Connecticut... we do alot of starters in cars that most places say they cant do. It just involves the bypass on the passive alarm. The guys said it shouldn't be a problem with the smart key in the ms6, only because fortin put out one for the new 09 smart key. All you need is the key override all. When we slow down here on installs and i get time to do my own, ill let you all know how it worked out

I herd as you open a door after it has been remotely started the car needs to shut off, just for safety sake.

The most popular place around here told me thats how they do all of the smart key vehicles. And then even the mazda dealer told me thats how they do it.

Back