MAZDASPEED 3 CAI Gains Comparison Depot

Here are my results MS CAI numbers. I don't have any stock numbers to compare it too, but there is pleny of stock data out there.

Max Power = 257.4
Max Torque = 271.9

@ 4.65 RPMS, A/F = 11.3

camrycev6 said:
Here are my results MS CAI numbers. I don't have any stock numbers to compare it too, but there is pleny of stock data out there.

Max Power = 257.4
Max Torque = 271.9

@ 4.65 RPMS, A/F = 11.3

Wow...That's just with the MS CAI? At the wheels right?

CTGrey02 said:
Can we see the graph.. particularly the one with the A/F bars if you have it.

I do have it...but just in hard copy right now. The shop was supposed to send me the files today so I can use the Dynojet website. (BTW...I am not sure how that works, I have never done that before.) As soon as I get them, I will post them.

I have this posted in its own thread and figured I should also place in this Group Dyno Thread. (cheers2)

Well, finally got on the dyno, it was a lot of fun. Final results were 230WHP and 270TQ. I knew before hand the nose dive after 5600 rpms and that this thing runs pig rich. Seeing the graphs first hand makes it very apparent that with a good tune this thing will make a lots more power just by leaning it out. Check out the heat soak issue after my initial first run (top lines are HP, lower lines are TQ), definitely need a larger TMIC or FMIT setup in the future. The guys at Hot Rod Imports really spent time explaining everything they were doing and I learned a lot. I hope to be back soon.

This was done on a Dyno Dynamics machine. The Dyno Dynamics dyno reads lower than the Mustang dyno, it reads WAY lower than a Dyno Jet. It also reads WAY lower than a Dynapack. The important factor is that this dyno is very accurate. Going with the other dyno's would have printed much higher readings but I would rather have accuracy than bragging rights.

dynoc.jpg

BOOST GRAPH
boostlevelsc.jpg

I pieced this video together of a few runs, graphs and a test drive at the end. I will record a few more videos once I receive the Turboxs CBE and downpipe, probably take another hit at the dyno as well (lol2)

Here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7oE2DM1-sQ

07 MS3 - True Red - Turboxs Race Pipe - MazdaSpeed CAI - 230WHP/270TQ
RIP: 03 LS 350z - Injen Super SES - MSR 088's

If you guys have them available or can have them done, we really want to see the before dynos too on each car to compare the gains. Please post before dynos if you have them, if not, thanks for the data anyways. What I was really trying to show on this thread is the gains of the MS CAI. Because every machine and environmental parameters are different for everyone, final dynos will vary too much to get a good estimate of the gains of the MS CAI.

Lets keep the data rolling in regardless of whether you have the before and after data!

Also, if you can get A/F ratio test results in the dyno runs, please do. I know it costs considerably more money to have it done, so I don't blame you for not. (i didn't want to spend an extra $150 to have it done!)

it's like 10 bucks more to have it done where I go. All they do is put a sniffer in the pipe or in the O2 bung. With SAE Correction running, all the dyno's should be similar. Thats the whole reason dyno's are used for benchmarking. Just for giggles though I'll do a before when mines broken in.

Speedy3 said:
If you guys have them available or can have them done, we really want to see the before dynos too on each car to compare the gains. Please post before dynos if you have them, if not, thanks for the data anyways. What I was really trying to show on this thread is the gains of the MS CAI. Because every machine and environmental parameters are different for everyone, final dynos will vary too much to get a good estimate of the gains of the MS CAI.

Lets keep the data rolling in regardless of whether you have the before and after data!

Also, if you can get A/F ratio test results in the dyno runs, please do. I know it costs considerably more money to have it done, so I don't blame you for not. (i didn't want to spend an extra $150 to have it done!)

I will have my A/F data to share shortly. (I still am waiting on the damn file to be emailed to me.) They didn't charge me extra for it either. $100 for 3 pulls. (Most other guys wanted about $200.) Other places wanted $75 for 3 pulls, but there was no A/F data with that.

CTGrey02 said:
it's like 10 bucks more to have it done where I go. All they do is put a sniffer in the pipe or in the O2 bung. With SAE Correction running, all the dyno's should be similar. Thats the whole reason dyno's are used for benchmarking. Just for giggles though I'll do a before when mines broken in.

Thanks!

I saw the whole setup myself and was there for the actual runs. Man...does she spit out a lot of exhaust! Way more than my S/C G35. From what I read here on other threads, the rich mix / turbo combo makes that fairly common. I have never owned a turbo 4-cyl before. Maybe it is normal for all of them.

I finally have all my data.... Let me try to post these... If you want the raw files (I have three runs) or other forms of data, just let me know!

Attachments

• A-F-Power.jpg
    A-F-Power.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,101
  • Power-torque.jpg
    Power-torque.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 990
camrycev6 said:
I finally have all my data.... Let me try to post these... If you want the raw files (I have three runs) or other forms of data, just let me know!

Are these stock or with an MS CAI that is in your sig?

camrycev6 said:

Can you post before charts too and label them or specify in the thread accordingly? Thanks again! Great data!

Maestro, these are with the MS CAI installed.

Speedy, unfortunately, as I mentioned in a previous thread, I did not have time to get my car dyno'ed when it was still stock. I realize I cannot give percentage gains over my original configuration (stock), but at least I have some final numbers to provide. I have all the humidity, temperature, etc., data, so we can certainly get an idea of the environmentals when comparing to another stock pull. I have the software and can plot just about anything you guys would like. Just let me know....like the A/F mix. Notice it goes below 10 (off the graph) I have no idea how low it actually went... interesting.

You were also using SAE correction so those environmental stats shouldn't matter. That thing is still rediculously rich. I was just at the dyno yesterday helping a friend with a supercharged 05 V6 stang and his A/f was almost a perfect 11.5 (still pretty rich but generally regarded as safe) across the entire RPM range. These cars really need a better tune.

Back