Mazda5'r in Stow

dixonbeaver

:
2010 Mazda5 GT
Hi all! Not new to Mazdas but new here. I'm a bit older (35) but still enjoy the hell out of screwing around with my little mini-mini van. Heres what I've got done to it in the 1 1/2yrs I've had it:

2010 Mazda5

Intake (did nothing except make it sound like a VR6)
Mazdaspeed3 lowering springs (awesome)
Shift knob (5 ball)
Plasti-dipped at one time but it has since been removed
Mazda5a.jpg
mazda5b.jpg

Love the little car and am going to continue to wrench on it.

Just doing the meet and greet thing and seeing who else is around the Stow/Kent/Hudson area!

Well, there are quite a few of us in the area. In the nearest area to you is myself and XCLR8TN. Several very active members all around Akron. Several more very active members in Cleveland, including my partner in crime and his wife, Perro del Sol and Coppertone. Lots of new folks have popped up recently. Glad to see you've found us and introduced yourself. I do believe you've seen the upcoming meet in Fairlawn. Keep your eyes peeled because there will likely be quite a few more.

what Phen said ^^. Welcome! I'd love to see your car. Last year we rented 5's a few times and I said I could see myself rockin' one if it was lowered and tinted ... we've since bought a '13 MS3 and our next will be the new 2014 Mazda6, so my 5 idea has been quashed, but I'd definitely like to check yours out. Hope you can make it to the meet in Copley on the 18th!

p.s. I like having 'older' people around because alot of the new guys are very young, so it gives us a good mix! I think we range from 17 to 56 : ) I won't tell who's who though ; )

Welcome! As stated before, this is quite the active group

Lauri, age is just a number. We all grow old, we just should avoid growing up!

I'm in NWOH but I also have a lowered 5, car looks good and your screen name gave me a chuckle.

I'd have loved to do the Copley run but I'm going in on the 17th for ACL surgery on my knee so I'm out for a few days.
My poor car is a bit rough and ready. The paint isn't the greatest (thin and chipped to hell) and it needs shocks/struts horribly. My wife works at a company that does vinyl wraps so I'm scheming on getting it wrapped in either satin grey or black. Hey, if its free its cheaper than a paint job!
I'm also on the prowl for either some new wheels or a set of 215/45/17 or 205/40/17s if anyone comes across any!

I'm Brandon BTW! I've used that goofy screen name for years and it drives my wife insane.

Sooo if I wanted to get some wrap for a bike, we can negotiate? :) Should be a fraction of what the car needs.

Its all talk right now but what they do is use an employees car to demonstrate how the wrap works to companies who want company vehicles done. Shes new there so I'm not even pushing mine thru yet!

ohhh I'll be ok with advertising :D Totally understand though - figured I'd ask. haha.

5 is bulky - racing hearts are pretty minimal - don't think it'll make a good combo, but I might be wrong.
A great benefit of living close is the ability to try before you buy.

Lauri, age is just a number. We all grow old, we just should avoid growing up!

Oh, I agree, Sho! I don't mind hangin' with the youngun's as long as they/you don't mind hangin' with ME! I've come to accept that I'm older than most of your parents, but that's what keeps me young!! : ) zoom~zoom!!

I wonder what RacingHarts look like on a 5...

Old Volks CV-Pros are what I'm building for my car. I tried some BBS RS and some DP Enduros but I think the CV is going to be the right ones. The RacingHarts have the same basic structure that I was going for.

ohhh I'll be ok with advertising :D Totally understand though - figured I'd ask. haha.

5 is bulky - racing hearts are pretty minimal - don't think it'll make a good combo, but I might be wrong.
A great benefit of living close is the ability to try before you buy.

I've seen an MPV locally rocking the MSP EnkeiHarts. They're kinda heavy (22lbs each) but looked pretty good on the MPV.

I'm talking the Mazdaspeed Protege RacingHarts. If you can find them out there, they're usually not expensive at all. I sold my set for $250 with tires a few years back. RX8's would definitely be nice as well. I think Gen2 MS3 wheels would be nice also.

But... it's not my car. I'm bored and just brainstorming.

I'm more focused on getting the suspension and paint sorted. I can't stand having a loan on a car that looks like hell!

I hear ya there. My old Protege rusted out badly before it was paid off. Now, it's scrap metal.

Back